Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
If you buy into the HOA, then you've accepted their more restrictive terms of 2 pets per household. That's the whole point of HOA limitations.
Actually their whole point is to rule your life and rule with an iron fist. Can you define communism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
If I were on your HOA board I'd fight like heck to keep people from parking on the street. On street parking junks up the look of most neighborhoods.

so then where the hell are people supposed to park their cars???? You can only rfir but so many cars in someones driveway, what do you do, tell your company not to come over.

that is retarded

what if someone having company and 5 additionals people were coming to a persons house, where are they supposed to park the crs?,. in their pocket.

just anothe reason why I hate HOA,

qess, folks, its a freaking car the needs to be parked on a city street.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
People really need to lighten up. If a simple thing like a car parking on a street bothers you so much then maybe you should move way out into the country and not live around other people. Rules, rules, rules.

There are plenty of gorgeous neighborhoods where people can park where they want and have freedom. That's LIVING, not life in an HOA.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
IF two cars happen to be coming toward each other at a spot where 2 cars are parked on either side,
one just pauses for the other. And life goes on.
It goes on if there is no less than a 12 feet of CLEAR path for emergency vehicles
between those 2 cars parked on either side of the roadway.

Quote:
Maybe it's because i grew up in an older East Coast city
I did too. Did you have alleys there? Were cars allowed to be parked in back there?

They weren't where I came from because of the 12 foot rule.
We had move our fences back and sacrifice yard space to make a spot for the cars we had.

As regards the OP and most of these other developments (HOA or not), the basic design that
was approved by the town/state (rather intentionally) will often has rather narrow "streets".

They simply don't have room there for those 2 cars to be parked on either side...
and still have much more than a bicycle to pass between them safely.
They don't have a choice but to restrict parking on them.

Quote:
I don't want a new house badly enough to even consider an HOA.
Wouldn't even consider it.
No argument here.
Attached Thumbnails
Do city ordinances override homeowner association covenants?-hoastreetview.jpg  

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,925,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Actually their whole point is to rule your life and rule with an iron fist. Can you define communism?
That is exactly the opposite of the truth. Once the developer is out, An HOA is governed by the Homeowners, for the homeowners. The people that do the governing are typically Volunteers and always homeowners. You are able to change any and all regulations if there is a majority of the Homeowners that want it. Last time I checked this was called the democratic process. And most people don't know, many states have specific laws dealing with HOA's

Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
That is exactly the opposite of the truth. Once the developer is out, An HOA is governed by the Homeowners, for the homeowners. The people that do the governing are typically Volunteers and always homeowners. You are able to change any and all regulations if there is a majority of the Homeowners that want it. Last time I checked this was called the democratic process. And most people don't know, many states have specific laws dealing with HOA's
No IT IS the truth. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. Does that make sense? When a government or other regime FORCES it's citizens to abide by it's own rule and buy only it's products and services.....that is not a democracy. That is Kim Jong Ill making love to Fidel Castro.

The majority of homeowners do not want all these rules. It is forced down their throats with a big fat plunger. A plunger that just came out of the toilet after forcing more crap down. The worst part of it all is in most cases, those who force these restrictive rules down everyone's throat are violating these same rules day in and day out. Kinda like the other thugs who wear blue uniforms. Driving 90 MPH down the Interstate on their way to lunch without fear of consequence. But you or I try it and we'd be behind bars.

Next to Dopobamba as ruler and Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler, communist HOAs are the worst thing to ever penetrate America's freedoms.

Who the hell do they think they are telling people how many cars they can own? When these idiots pay my mortgage then they can begin to suggest to me what they wish in their wildest communist dreams.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:36 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
When I see a thread on HOA's I have to stop by to watch the desert guy make a fool of himself. He must have been denied access from moving into one. His communist rants are absolutely classic, going on and on about a subject he has no knowledge what so ever about.
I hope he has a better handle on his chosen profession or there are a lot of unsatisfactory kitchens in his area..
No rules are forced on to anyone, as the gentlemen said, the homeowners in the community make the rules, and the majority rules. Period... State laws govern what HOA's can and can't do...
If you don't like their rules, you can decide to live elsewhere. Please don't stop your rants, it lightens my day..

Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
California Homeowner's Association Laws | Home Guides | SF Gate

Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
No IT IS the truth. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. Does that make sense? When a government or other regime FORCES it's citizens to abide by it's own rule and buy only it's products and services.....that is not a democracy. That is Kim Jong Ill making love to Fidel Castro.

The majority of homeowners do not want all these rules. It is forced down their throats with a big fat plunger. A plunger that just came out of the toilet after forcing more crap down. The worst part of it all is in most cases, those who force these restrictive rules down everyone's throat are violating these same rules day in and day out. Kinda like the other thugs who wear blue uniforms. Driving 90 MPH down the Interstate on their way to lunch without fear of consequence. But you or I try it and we'd be behind bars.

Next to Dopobamba as ruler and Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler, communist HOAs are the worst thing to ever penetrate America's freedoms.

Who the hell do they think they are telling people how many cars they can own? When these idiots pay my mortgage then they can begin to suggest to me what they wish in their wildest communist dreams.

never worry my bro, i got your back on this HOA BS.

living in an apartment one finally saves up gets to buy a house to enjoy the freedom of owning,

yet having an HOA is like still having a LL where you cant do certain things, and have to follow rules.

i cant imagine having a back yard and the HOA says i cannot have a tree that is bigger than my fence, if i am even allowed to have a fence...

Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
never worry my bro, i got your back on this HOA BS.
Some people genuinely like them, even prefer them, and feel them superior to other approaches.

But then, some people actually like Miracle Whip and Wonder Bread too...
and feel them superior to actual mayonaise or real bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House