Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM

9 posts, read 44,757 times

Advertisements

ok guys.....our top load washer just croaked (luckily no water damage since we have an upstairs laundry)...anyways, we had a maytag that lasted us a great 16 years.....any advice on a new machine to get?? we do want energy star....beyond that, pretty flexible....thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I like our Cabrio. It's a top loader, but doesn't have an agitator to rip the clothes to shreds.

I have known people who got faulty ones and didn't like it, but we've had pretty good luck with ours and we've had it for oh.... 4 years now, I think.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM

22 posts, read 51,221 times
We're moving and sold our old set with the house so I've been doing LOTS of research. This is what we ordered: Samsung - 3.9 Cu. Ft. 13-Cycle High-Efficiency Steam Washer & 7.4 cu. ft. Capacity Front Load Electric Steam Dryer. The new ones are soo fancy - like buying a car: lots of sizes and colors. Price ranges for a new set were $1800-$4,000+. These are in the middle at ~$2800 including the pedestals.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:05 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,262 times
I just bought a LG WT5001CW because I constantly add clothes to a washer and I didn't want a front loading one where that couldn't happen. <smile> I bought this at the HHGregg at Brier Creek - had a great experience with them and their rapid delivery. Bought on Thursday - delivered on Saturday.

I bought this LG over some other models because:
1) decent price (compared to some crazy $$ models)
2) it is super quiet (2nd floor LR)
3) the spinning does not cause excess vibration
4) it does NOT tear up clothes or permanently crease clothes due to its spin. I do find I have to shake my cotton t-shirts prior to drying so that the creases have a chance to unravel and dry

Prior to that, I had purchased my washing machine (awhile ago) at Jeffrey's appliance -- they are also great. What I like about Jeffrey's is that when you need a repair person -- you can call them and they'll give you folks that they recommend. I would recommend looking there if you want a 'local' store that will back their products. They also did a rapid delivery when I needed a new washer about 8 yrs ago.

I am crossing my fingers that this LG holds up and I don't *need* a repair person!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestguy71 View Post
anyways, we had a maytag that lasted us a great 16 years
any advice on a new machine to get??
is there supposed to be a punch line or something that's missing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House