Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times

Advertisements

If you don't catch him quick and put him outside where he belongs his momma is gonna come after you...Redirect Notice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 07:46 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
the good news is, if you dont like insects, having him in the house woudl be a good thing, lizards are bug eating machines lol. its likley youll not see him again, hes robably alreayd made his way outside, they "follow the food" so leave your porch light on tonight and hell try and make his way out to the flying free for all out there rather than be inside.

untill then if he is still inside, he will avoid you with every ounce of his being...you are the monster to him lol

Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
the good news is, if you dont like insects, having him in the house woudl be a good thing, lizards are bug eating machines lol. its likley youll not see him again, hes robably alreayd made his way outside, they "follow the food" so leave your porch light on tonight and hell try and make his way out to the flying free for all out there rather than be inside.

untill then if he is still inside, he will avoid you with every ounce of his being...you are the monster to him lol
I feel much better...and more secure, since I got all the sapient advice!

Old 07-23-2011, 10:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Turned on bedroom light...and a tiny (bout inch long...very small) light tan Salamander was on the floor...beside the bed.. He tried to hide between shoes by bed...and ran in closet. I couldn't catch him. - Don't like creatures in home. Any advice?
Pet it and name it.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Pet it and name it.
Oh, stop being silly.

Like Barney Fife said to Sheriff Taylor, ''Ang, stop being comical...this has been a perplexing situation.''

Old 07-24-2011, 01:37 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Oh, stop being silly.

Like Barney Fife said to Sheriff Taylor, ''Ang, stop being comical...this has been a perplexing situation.''
Heh, I'm only halfway joking. I think it would be kinda cool to have a lizard-type thingy hanging around my house.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Thanks Mom. Maybe the 'little guy' was sent to help me. Anyway, can't find him/her. I felt a sense of not wanting to harm 'it'....but I never liked any kind of insects, etc.
You learn a lot about bugs and such when you live in a place like Florida. I wasn't crazy about them, either, but you learn to live with them after a bit. They were here long before we were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Heh, I'm only halfway joking. I think it would be kinda cool to have a lizard-type thingy hanging around my house.
When I was a kid, chameleons were often thought of as pets. Cousin to the little guy we're talking about.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:41 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Did you check out it's mom? Click here>>>Redirect Notice
I think she want's her baby back.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:22 AM

140 posts, read 298,881 times
Quote:
I admit....he did look 'cute'

But, I don't like those kind of 'critters' hiding in my living area. Just the idea of it....is un-settling. And thinking about sleeping with it 'hanging out' somewhere....well...you get the picture?
What are you a little girly-man ? I can tell you he/she has probably been around a while before you saw it.

Maybe we should bring up the little creatures that are crawling all over you, your furniture, and your bed right now?

Are you new to the area you are living now?

Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
i miss my fla lizards---we now have ugly big spiders and are surrounded by snakes-in-the-grass(the human kind)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House