Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you NOT want for a next-door neighbor?
A nosey HOA president 46 50.55%
An active ham radio operator 7 7.69%
An unemployed person 4 4.40%
Parents with many children 28 30.77%
A childless couple 0 0%
An MS13 or Latin Kings gang member 66 72.53%
A nudist family 12 13.19%
A car collector 14 15.38%
An unsociable young man 5 5.49%
A gossiper 21 23.08%
A convenience store 42 46.15%
A woman who has white cabinets in her kitchen 2 2.20%
A man who keeps two pitbulls outside 47 51.65%
A man who makes polls like this 18 19.78%
None of these people would make bad neighbors 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times

Advertisements

I chose car collector, family w/many children, gang member, and convenience store.

Three of these live in my neighborhood.

#1 lives across the street, and all summer long (and I am not exagerrating here) he tunes and revs cars, the worst of which is a drag racing car that emits horrible ear shattering noise which I'm sure can be heard blocks away. This is one of the many reasons I hate summer, but that's another topic.

#2 also lives across the street and one of the small girls screeches & shrieks constantly so that I can hear it all the way across the street, as far as I can see the 'rents do nothing to quiet her. I hear duct tape fixes everything. But again that's another thread.

#3 lives at the end of the street which originally was a dead end but was opened up by the city when a culdesac of cheap cookie cutter houses was built. They rage down our street at speeds way over the limit and paint graffiti on houses here. It's gotten so bad that we (on this street originally) are actually fighting the city to put in a blockade or speed bumps.

#4 would make my Hell complete. I've worked in a convenience store and I've seen the types of people that frequent this place. Methhead & redneck city. I would definitely not want to live next door to the place.

Give me dogs, the unemployed and a child-free couple anyday *relief*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 10:30 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Hey I AM that neighbor in many cases. I also like topiary, BTW.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
There are about 5 people left in the USA who like white cabinets and they all post here.
Yo!

How you doin'?

Old 07-30-2011, 07:06 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
no HOA of ANY kind for me thanks, and the gang member is a no no...
id prefer not to live next to a convenience store too...

but for the rest of them as long as they are considerate...im all for dogs playing, no kids ham radio ect.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,143,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yo!

How you doin'?
*Raising hand for roll call*

So where are the other 3 horrible white cabinet loving people at?

Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,143,332 times
Quote:
Oops be careful. You can't say that around here. There are about 5 people left in the USA who like white cabinets and they all post here. And they are prepared to fight and defend with their blood and teeth to unsuccessfully argue the good of an ugly white kitchen. They fail to listen to facts and figures published by reputable organizations because they like it and to hell with statistics and facts. They like to use that old word "timeless" in a modern world almost like terrorists use the word "propaganda" to defend their cause.

Anyway, I feel for you. You will begin receiving hate mail for your post as I will AGAIN now too. I always get hate mail when I say bad about white kitchens but laugh because I know the truth. Sometimes posting about white cabinets stirs up as much shid as posting about abortion or religion. I don't get it and I'm far smarter then the average Bear. Oh well.........hit me with the hate mail. Come on I'm ready!
Sheesh Desertsun...for someone that is always calling HOA'a communists, you sure put a lot of faith into facts and figures of "organizations". What makes them exactly reputable and well...does it even matter? We are after all talking about kitchen cabinets.

Hate mail? Really? You are such a card. If you are getting hate mail I am sure it's not over white cabinets. It might have to do with something else. Your post is missing your favorite quote. Don't let the big orange take your little green.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:55 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,694 times
Quote:
Oops be careful. You can't say that around here. There are about 5 people left in the USA who like white cabinets and they all post here. And they are prepared to fight and defend with their blood and teeth to unsuccessfully argue the good of an ugly white kitchen. They fail to listen to facts and figures published by reputable organizations because they like it and to hell with statistics and facts. They like to use that old word "timeless" in a modern world almost like terrorists use the word "propaganda" to defend their cause.

Anyway, I feel for you. You will begin receiving hate mail for your post as I will AGAIN now too. I always get hate mail when I say bad about white kitchens but laugh because I know the truth. Sometimes posting about white cabinets stirs up as much shid as posting about abortion or religion. I don't get it and I'm far smarter then the average Bear. Oh well.........hit me with the hate mail. Come on I'm ready!
Make that six. I have white cabinets and I kind of like them.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
The kinds of neighbors I have has nothing to do with my, yours, or anybody else's home living. Savvy?
Good Lord, get a sense of humor, please???????

Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,346 times
lol. I hate MY white cabinets, and I have to open them! They just need to be redone and I can't do anything about it right now. White cabinets are ok, just not my first choice.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:34 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I could live without gang members, HOA members, convenience stores, outside dogs and a boatload of kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
I hate white cabinets
I won't invite you to any of my parties even if you lived next door! LOL The food would have been stored in white cabinets, you know ...

Quote:
Oops be careful. You can't say that around here. There are about 5 people left in the USA who like white cabinets and they all post here.
Hello, dear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
So where are the other 3 horrible white cabinet loving people at?
And when are we all going out for drinks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House