Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM

393 posts, read 1,199,748 times

Advertisements

My father had one in his trunk. It was actually in that area of the trunk where the rubber gasket is so it was sandwiched between that ridge and the trunk lid. How it got there is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM

1,123 posts, read 6,518,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman1fl View Post
Awoke this a.m., at first light, to relieve myself then flushed the toilet. While washing my hands I looked
out the window over the toilet, then downward. What a surprise! From under the rim of the toilet I could
see something moving and dark. Upon inspection I found a rather large frog, head tucked under the rim.
I captured him and placed in in a jar and washed him with filtered water and he looked rather pleased.
His skin looked as though he had been submerged for quite a long time, very whitish and puffy. He has
changed to a normal color now, as he drys a bit, in my Mason jar. Appears to be a large tree frog, about four inches, (GA). And, this was in the second story bathroom, a very uncluttered
space. My question is how did he get there? In Florida (my home) everything gets inside, and often.
But I've never seen this in the suburbs of Atlanta.
I live in Atlanta and have averaged 1 toad per year since we've been in our house. Usually first thing in the morning, once one was clung to the wall, another time one was in the kitchen sink, and a few times they were just laying on the floor, dried out. They must just be really good at squeezing through tight spots...our house is old and drafty, so probably a lot of gaps for them to get through. I will take the annual toad over the bat that flew down our chimney one night while we were watching TV and started circling the room!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 6,079 times
Cool Oh, How Cute/ But NOT IN MY HOUSE

Oh, there is a time and a place for everything - I guess my house was the time and place. First time in 30 years of living in Ct. I found my second leaf in the kitchen. No not a leaf, or a clump of grass but the cutest 1/2" frog I have ever seen. Children had found many through the years in the yard and ball field - cut never in my kitchen. I didn't get startled until I saw a second one in my kitchen this am. I put it into a strawberry container which had small holes and it and we stared at each other for a minute. I KNOW he or she was looking back at me. Do frogs lay eggs in houses, am I going to find more or many more of these? I am a little "freaked out" where the next one will be. I will cover my drains and close the lid of my toilet - what else can I do? Cute - but not in my house!!!!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,408,884 times
I recently found a frog in the tank of my dogs waterbowl, I couldn't understand why she was at the bowl all the time splashing around until I looked carefully and there in the see through part of the water tank there was a frog. We have a very dry yard so who knows where it came from, anyways after screaming loudly DH came and took it outside.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:52 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,964,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suqupbeat View Post
Oh, there is a time and a place for everything - I guess my house was the time and place. First time in 30 years of living in Ct. I found my second leaf in the kitchen. No not a leaf, or a clump of grass but the cutest 1/2" frog I have ever seen. Children had found many through the years in the yard and ball field - cut never in my kitchen. I didn't get startled until I saw a second one in my kitchen this am. I put it into a strawberry container which had small holes and it and we stared at each other for a minute. I KNOW he or she was looking back at me. Do frogs lay eggs in houses, am I going to find more or many more of these? I am a little "freaked out" where the next one will be. I will cover my drains and close the lid of my toilet - what else can I do? Cute - but not in my house!!!!
I found a frog on the toilet seat and one in the bathroom sink....they were tree frogs and came in through the vent pipes on the roof.

I have trees and a security light close to the house. Trees + light = bugs = tree frogs.

I took some charcoal colored, aluminum screen.....wrapped it over the tops of my vent pipes and secured it to the pipe with black duct tape.

Have never had a frog in the house since and it has been about 7 years.

They may be coming in the vent pipe for your kitchen sink.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:35 AM

2 posts, read 11,763 times
How do get fogs out of your house il fl

Old 12-08-2013, 04:36 AM

2 posts, read 11,763 times
How do you get fogs out of your house live in fl

Old 12-08-2013, 08:52 AM

14,200 posts, read 14,571,275 times
If you live in the south near water, frogs are a way of life. Many are tree frogs versus those that live in ponds. Tree frogs sound like a barking dog whereas the pond frogs croak. My cats love to play with them and the occasional lizards that get in. Eventually when the frog/lizard tires and plays dead, the cats lose interest and leave it alone. The cats have no killer instinct. When the cats are done playing with them, I scope them up with paper towel and toss them in to the yard. They go on their way.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,682 times
Angry Frogs In Our House

We've lived in our new house in DeBary, Fl. (Orlando suburb) 5 years. Suddenly a few months ago frogs started appearing in the house. The first one sitting on the floor near a bathroom, the second one climbing the living room wall, and tonight the third one sitting in a toilet. With a little luck managed to catch them in a plastic jar and toss them outside. The one tonight gave us a chase, hopping under some furniture that we had to move around to catch. I tend to agree with contributor Gastric, who believes that they might be coming in through the local sewage treatment plant, but of course don't know for sure.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:33 PM

14,200 posts, read 14,571,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Eidenberg View Post
We've lived in our new house in DeBary, Fl. (Orlando suburb) 5 years. Suddenly a few months ago frogs started appearing in the house. The first one sitting on the floor near a bathroom, the second one climbing the living room wall, and tonight the third one sitting in a toilet. With a little luck managed to catch them in a plastic jar and toss them outside. The one tonight gave us a chase, hopping under some furniture that we had to move around to catch. I tend to agree with contributor Gastric, who believes that they might be coming in through the local sewage treatment plant, but of course don't know for sure.
My experience says new construction will change the eco system. Many of the local creatures (frogs, toads, snakes, turtles, alligators, etc.) get confused and end up heading for the shade/cool, etc. created by the houses. A few years later (sorry to say) they are all gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House