Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:33 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times

Advertisements

The frogs are entering the house through the roof vents. It's a straight line to the toilet. Install screening over the pipe and problem is solved. Screening will also stop squirrels from sharpening their teeth on the lead cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,971 times
I live in minnesota. I live in a basement apartment. I have now found 2 toads in my house. How would they get in. Would it be a drain? Recently i have had water flood my apartment not knowing how it happened. The first toad was in my room and the second toad I just found in the room off the kitchen. With both of them I just picked them up and brought them outside. Please help me anyone.
Thank you
Lkm

Old 07-26-2015, 07:18 PM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Perhaps the toads were bar hopping? (Sorry, couldn't resist) If you have water that flooded your apartment without your knowing how, toads are the least of your problems.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,806 times
I was just wondering because we have had one living with us for the last 3 weeks.. he hides behind different things in the bathroom but o have noticed that the daddy long spiders that frequent the shower area of our bathroom are no longer there...

Old 11-27-2015, 02:49 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbluediva70 View Post
I was just wondering because we have had one living with us for the last 3 weeks.. he hides behind different things in the bathroom but o have noticed that the daddy long spiders that frequent the shower area of our bathroom are no longer there...
That is awesome! Maybe you should relocate them outside, though.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,601 times
well, I found three little green frogs, one in my bathroom and two in my kitchen I really did not know what to do and also to catch them. they jump so fast. well, I say to myself, what next now, after squirrel running in the wall I was wandered with what I will have next visiting me. right away I called my sister and told her about the frog, she laughed and that she has gooses running around.
well, I will have to spend sometime running after those unwanted visitors. I do not understand because my dog is a red bone coon dog, so should be his job to hunt them. hopefully, he will do so. also I will call the company that takes care of the sewer and ask them a discount for pain and suffering Ha! Ha! Ha!

Old 09-13-2016, 07:15 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
It's seasonal. At one time there was most likely a pond of some type nearby where X amount of generations ago they were born. Now they're trying to return to that spot. In my case it was a above ground pool I had around two decades ago (until some idiot hunter missed the dear and shot the pool). Every summer 100's of them have a meet and greet in the general area of where that pool was. My dog's love them as they say "OOO lookie now bouncy toys" while at night I get to listen to them trying to out croak the noise the crickets make.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:38 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccemup View Post
It happens to me a lot. Namely because when it's nice I leave the back door open for the dogs to go out and for fresh air. I just catch the little buggers and put them back outside. I think they are sooo cute, especially the tree frogs with the little red toes. so cute!

As an aside... last night for the first time one of my dogs decided to try to catch this toad that was a little jumpier than usual. Well, I thought she ate it becuase she started foaming at the mouth and I thought she was going to die. So I called the emergency animal clinic in Cary and they said that usually, the toad will secrete some nasty tasting stuff that makes the dog spit the toad out but the dog will foam because it's very bitter. So they're not poisonous but I guess they taste gross. I hope the little guy made a clean getaway! she's fine, of course. stupid dog...

OMG! That must be what happened with my dog a few weeks ago. We have had a ton of toads around here this Summer and taking her out for a walk at night has been extremely challenging because she will suddenly lunge when she catches sight of a toad (and she is 70# of solid muscle, so she is crazy strong). It's so dark, I don't usually see them before she does. I have saved many a toad from certain death but a couple of weeks ago, she was foaming quite a bit after one of her big lunges. That must be what happened. You would think it would teach her a lesson, but nope. The nightly toad hunt continues. It's worse on really hot and humid nights. Luckily those are fewer and farther between now.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:27 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
I think they come for the crickets at my house. We noticed an abundance of cricket chirping in the garage a few months ago. Shortly after a "family" of toads moved in. Two big ones and three much smaller toads.

Toads are beneficial so we allow them to stay. I even keep a shallow pan of water with a few flat rocks for them in the garage.

We have gotten used to seeing them, and we always look carefully before we pull in or out of the garage.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,384 times
My Beautiful Western Toad (I believe) magically got out of his tank. I had no idea he could climb glass but I was clearly wrong.
I have searched every possible place I could think of, multiple times. I have completely (and Very carefully) moved the fridge, washer & dryer, dishwasher, and lower half of the stove in the kitchen/laundry room. The couches and the tv stand in the living room. I've even checked upstairs under almost everything.
Where could he have gone?? He isn't small by any means. I Really love that toad. (Probably a bit silly just how much I love him). I should have let him go in my backyard..
Any ideas??? Tomorrow will be day 3 and I'm scared to find him dead...
Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House