Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the residents are paying a fee to use that road, but you want to use the road for free. Do you think that's fair to the residents who pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 05:10 PM

121 posts, read 460,546 times
You should call the cities ombudsmen. It's difficult to understand the placement of the gate, property, hoa property, and road. Maybe a picture or drawing?

Old 12-25-2011, 11:58 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
If anything this thread shows why you want to avoid HOAs.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:50 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
If anything this thread shows why you want to avoid HOAs.
I have a fence along the edge of your property with a gate in it that opens onto your property and you tell me not to use it.

What does this have to do with an HOA? It has to do with trespassing.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
I have a fence along the edge of your property with a gate in it that opens onto your property and you tell me not to use it.

What does this have to do with an HOA? It has to do with trespassing.
Blocking access to MY property.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:55 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,282,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Blocking access to MY property.
Access to property can be restricted if it involves private property. That being said, you have to have access to your property in order to get a C of O. So it is more likely that this gate is not the ONLY access to your property, thus the HOA is not blocking access to your property, but limiting access to THEIR property.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:43 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Without more info or a map it sounds like a previous home owner put in an rv gate on an hoa fence to access an hoa road. The fence was in to limit your access to hoa ammenities, not to have access to your yard. The high fee is their way of telling you to keep out. Doubt they will ever use the gate. Talk to them and have the gate removed.

Last edited by ibarrio; 12-26-2011 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-26-2011, 01:33 PM

3,516 posts, read 7,781,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ANT_ View Post
... My fence ...
If the fence is mine, then it's reasonable to assume the gate is mine to. So in order for the HOA gardener to assess the HOA property on the other side of the fence, they are stepping on YOUR property to do it. So they can trespass on your property and you can't trespass on there's? Put lock on the damn gate and send notice to the HOA. NO access through your property unless they give you access to theirs. Fair is fair after all.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:49 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
If the fence is mine, then it's reasonable to assume the gate is mine to. So in order for the HOA gardener to assess the HOA property on the other side of the fence, they are stepping on YOUR property to do it. So they can trespass on your property and you can't trespass on there's? Put lock on the damn gate and send notice to the HOA. NO access through your property unless they give you access to theirs. Fair is fair after all.
Tech

Unless I misread the original post, your assumption in incorrect.

The fence is on the property of the homeowner and the fence has a gate that opens onto the HOA's Private Property.

It is the property owners landscaper (not the HOA's landscaper) that was crossing over the HOA property to enter the homeowners property via the gate. I assume this was done as it was more convenient for the landscaper to park on the HOA'S Private Road/Property and cross the HOA's Private Property to access the homeowners property that way.

Notice my use of the expression of Private Property. I think many knocking the HOA's Private Property right would be the first to defend their own Private Property rights. Additionally some of the posts are just another anti-HOA rant.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:41 PM

3,516 posts, read 7,781,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ANT_ View Post
The gate is between my property and the road that belongs to the HOA. I is the only way for me to access that part of the yard.
We really need clarification here. Is "that part of the yard" owned by the homeowner, or the HOA? If it's owned by the homeowner, why would you erect a fence that blocks assess to part of your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House