Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times

Advertisements

What is involved in removing an aboveground pool? How difficult and costly is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 06:55 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,562 times
shouldn't be too difficult if you are in the least handy. You will need to completely drain it. and then start unscrewing the bolts. Are you going to completely get rid of it? or are you going to try to sell it or give it someone else? that will determine out "careful" you are with the liner, etc. If you are just trashing it, you might want to call one of those dumpster folks to bring you out a construction dumpster for you to throw it into.

shelly

Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,685,134 times
Put an ad in the paper "Free pool. You take down and remove." There are lots of scrap dealers that will jump on it. When they call, they will ask if it's aluminum or steel sided. Go stick a magnet on the side of it now. That way you will have an answer for them.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
our house came with an above ground pool and dh and i removed it ourselves. definitely drain it first. since we were trashing it we didn't care about ruining the liner or sides. It did take almost the entire day though to get it down. once it was in pieces dh took it to our local dump, paid i forget how much ($30 maybe) and got rid of it.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM

195 posts, read 230,960 times
We had one in our previous house and what a mess it was!! Once we took it down, there was a ton of sand and gravel underneath (to make it level). We had to rent a bobcat and a guy to have it all removed. Then we had to sod the lot where the pool was. The entire thing was quite a pain and an eyesore!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:22 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
before draining any pool be sure to check with your city or municipality to see if any kind of permit is required...many do! It is even possible that someone from the city has to come out and check the water before you begin draining it.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:10 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
We had one in our previous house and what a mess it was!! Once we took it down, there was a ton of sand and gravel underneath (to make it level). We had to rent a bobcat and a guy to have it all removed. Then we had to sod the lot where the pool was. The entire thing was quite a pain and an eyesore!
Okay let's try this again, I don't know what happened to my post. I had the same thing with my pool. we used it to our advantage and purchased even more crushed rock, bought a nice gazebo (see picture) and outdoor livingroom furniture for inside the gazebo. it became our favorite "room" until a really, really, really bad summer storm turned the gazebo into a pretzel. now we have our patio furniture on the spot. the picture of the patio set isn't that great because of all the weeds around the little fence (to keep the dogs out). what you can't see (thanks to my terrible weeding skills) is the flower garden to the right of the patio furniture and you can kind of make out the slate walkway.
Attached Thumbnails
Removing an aboveground pool-patio-set.jpg   Removing an aboveground pool-dsc01535.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House