Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times

Advertisements

Do anyone have any suggestions on what the best carpet cleaner might be? I want to use with a steam cleaner. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Whatever you use, remember that soap attracts dirt. If you don't rinse well it won't matter what you have used. Also, try not to soak the carpet through to the backing.

I have always like the Zep. I can usually find it at Home Depot. It does a good job, and has a nice scent. I use it with an upright that makes its own hot water.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:22 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,578,050 times
IF you want to rent one A rugdoctor is hard to beat easy to use lightweight and inexpensive to rent I just use oxiclean in the one I get so you dont have to buy all of the soap that you will have no use for

Old 09-24-2006, 11:25 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,988,607 times
It just seems once you carpet clean...the carpet just gets dirtier more quickly going forward. I've been advised not to use carpet cleaning if possible, but really good vacuums and even disinfectant sprays if needed.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:52 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
It just seems once you carpet clean...the carpet just gets dirtier more quickly going forward. I've been advised not to use carpet cleaning if possible, but really good vacuums and even disinfectant sprays if needed.
Yes, I work in maintenance in an Assisted Living facility for the elderly. The best thing is to vacuum your house every evening, and if you have dirt spots spot clean your carpet (Sam's carries "Spot Shot" does a great job) if you have odors use "enzymes" gets rid of the smell. We recommend shampooing once a year.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Dry cleaning your carpets is better than steam cleaning. For those of you that steam cleaned and noticed them get dirtier afterwards here is why. The steam cleaning process REMOVES the stainguard on your carpets. Unless you have it reapplied after each time you steam clean, it's gone. Dry cleaning does not remove the stainguard on carpets and the companies that dry clean are usually less expensive than steam cleaning. I've been having my carpets in three houses dry cleaned for over 14 years and never had a problem. They are still damp but not soaked. I wait about an hour or two after they have been cleaned and then come back and vacuum and it looks great. If you have some really heavy stains it may take more than one time/visit to get it up. But my guy has gotten red lipgloss up before. And it was that kids lipgloss that is really bright and thick and he got it up.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 AM

3 posts, read 8,604 times
I use services of Seattle Carpet Cleaning hhtp://seattlescleaning.com

Old 05-19-2010, 11:29 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
There are are whole lot of cleaners that will serve your purpose out there. For spots, I SWEAR by spray & wash.....Also, there are cleaners with Scotch Guard protection in them and there's actually Scotch Guard protection you can buy to apply to your carpet to help keep it clean. I disagree with some of the other posters here who say not to shampoo...If your home is like mine, you can not keep a carpet clean without occasionally cleaning it. We love our steam cleaner (Hoover) and again, I would never use the spray foam or dry cleaners on my carpets. Have you seen what they do to your vacuum cleaner filters? LOL Anyway......good luck and don't sweat it. There are some great products out there.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:53 PM

5 posts, read 15,146 times
Yes the "dry" carpet cleaning is the best way to go. Check the internet for a "Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning" in your area. They are the best. Smells great, dry in an hour... Does not leave detergent on the carpet because it will reattract dirt. Give them a try...

Old 06-23-2010, 03:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Do anyone have any suggestions on what the best carpet cleaner might be? I want to use with a steam cleaner. Thanks
try to find a company that uses "steamin' demons" they are the best and most efficient carpet cleaning system on the market. they extract 93 percent of the liquid that is injected into the carpet to clean it.

my husband worked with them for a while and said that no other system can touch them for results.

20yrsinbRANSON
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House