Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:34 PM

217 posts, read 1,758,085 times

Advertisements

Hi just wanted to know has anyone one purchased a Aquativa water system and your results with it including service. It is a twin water system has anyone used anything similar to it and your results and did you have to get a plumber to install and if so about how much was it total.??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 10,766 times
Cool Our Aquativa system works great so far

We purchased our Aquativa system in August of 2006. I didn't really want to spend the money, but my wife saw the demonstration and HAD to have it. I hate to admit that she was right, and I was wrong...not the first time!

I would say that the best 3 things about the system are:

1) Our two daughters' acne cleared up dramatically within a couple weeks of getting the system. They had typical teenage acne problems for several years. I didn't expect that a water cleaning system could have such an impact, but when my one daughter went to camp for two weeks this summer, she came back with acne on her forehead and cheeks. Again, it went away within a couple weeks of her coming home. Pretty damn impressive.

2) I am a coffee-holic. My wife says "picky" doesn't BEGIN to describe me when it comes to my coffee. The Aquativa saleswoman made a pot of coffee with her sample of Aquativa water, and it was very good. I didn't really know if it would be that way when we got the actual system, but it is fantastic. I have gone back and tried many different beans that I tried before, and it is amazing just how much more flavor (and aroma!) that each of them has -- it is like discovering new favorites all over again. (My wife thinks I am nuts, but it's really fun to have coffee like that.)

3) We really have saved money since we got the thing put in. Our electric bill has dropped noticeably (I flushed the hot water tank after they put in the Aquativa system -- talk about disgusting)! Most of the natural soap they gave with the system is great, though I am not a fan of anti-bacterial soap, and my wife won't switch from her Vidal Sassoon shampoo/conditioner/bounce-enhancer/shine-increaser stuff. That's ok, though, since the kids use the anti-bacterial stuff and my wife says she uses a fraction of the Vidal stuff that she used to when we had the old water.

Bottom line -- I thought our water was fine before the woman from Aquativa came. But after a year and a half of using it, I wish I had one of these systems ten years ago.

Wild Bill in San Antonio

Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,450,461 times
I don't have an Aquavita, but I too am a fan of the water softeners .

I choose to upgrade when my house was build to add a water-softening loop. The upgrade was $2k. If I was to decide to add the loop later, after the home was built, it would cost more.

The softening system itself cost $600 - I bought the biggest, baddest Kenmore system they had when it was on sale.

I forget what I paid the plumbers to install the unit, but you could estimate $150.

I would absolutely hire a good plumber to install your system - it is not worth the risk of flooding your house if someone makes an installation mistake. A bad job might hold up fine for a few days and then fail.......I've learned this the hard way .

Old 09-27-2007, 10:09 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,935 times
I definitely recommend the water softener system for your home. A plumber that I know just installed one in his home and he said that it is absolutely the best investment he could have ever made. He's agreed to have one of his guys install one for us in December and I can't wait! He said it makes a difference in terms of your utilities (i.e. electricity and water bills) your laundry, your food tastes, your skin, etc. He said that he would take me to pick out a unit and I only need to pay them to install it ($100)

Old 12-27-2007, 03:33 AM

2 posts, read 20,588 times
Default Aquativa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikip View Post
Hi just wanted to know has anyone one purchased a Aquativa water system and your results with it including service. It is a twin water system has anyone used anything similar to it and your results and did you have to get a plumber to install and if so about how much was it total.??
I purchased this system (two tank) in cash about 2003. The warranty is not clear, and they have not been in business in the areal for a long time. This company franchises out their product, and the franchised offices close out frequently, leaving you with nobody to assist except when you close the main office. They will honor their warranty as as long in the most minor ways, like taking you through problems on the phone. The units are overpriced, and the plumber the franchised offices subcontract usually due substandard work. We wanted the unit in the garage, and they could/would not installit there. Fair enough, however we have had water gushing into the street for several days, no water to the house, and hiring (paying) a blumber to fix that, the outer casing to the prefilter is nearly impossible to get off without calling (paying) a plumber (installed in such a way that the pcv pipes broke while attempting to the remove it). R/O system good, but you can find less expensive ones elsewhere. They give you a verbal reasurrance of lifetime warranty, but do not honor it. My advice if you haven't purchased yet is to go elsewhere and do so. Since the unit is black plastic, it must be kept out of the sun. They promised that no damage would occur--it did. You will be forced to incur the out of pocket expenive--a shelter of some kind is absolutey necessary Don't let them blindside you by showing your poor water quality (yes, most tap water is horrible), but look into your options carefully.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 12-27-2007 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: libelous content removed

Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 10,074 times
Default Don't buy Aquativa

You'll be sorry to pay the high prices of the original equipment, future service and parts (filters alone are $105).
Company promised first filter change to be a "Courtesy" (which was supposed to be free). But has since changed owners and will not provide any free service. I was also told that if you move, that the system would be moved for free the first time. Now I'm not getting a clear answer on that.

Go to Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
Pay less for the equipment, and even less if you change filters on your own.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:01 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
.I vacationed in a home with that system and loved it, so when returned home, I called the local dealer to get a price to get one installed in my home.
They would not quote me a price. The only way they will sell them is to have one of their sales personnel come to your home for a demonstration. There is no way I'm going to have a salesman come out for two hours of demonstrations and hard sell tactics, for two reasons. First, I already was sold on the system, all I want is a price. They refused to do that. Second, if they won't give you a price without getting their foot in the door, you can bet the cost is going to be frightening...! It's the old vacuum salesman technique, once they get in your house, there is no way you are going to get them out the door, short of writing a check. I don't chose to business with that kind of company.
I decided since I'm paying the bill, and they won't give me a price, I don't need their system in my house.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:00 AM

2 posts, read 20,588 times
Default Aquativa

Please go to Rip Off Report Ripoff Report Search Results: aquativa
and look at all the complaints. Mine is the first, and I made two responses to their standard excuse/rebuttal.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,541,531 times
Yeah, my husband made the mistake of letting the Aquativa salesman do a demo in our house. He was there forever, total hard sell techniques, and the system was REALLY expensive. (I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around $7,000?) They try and convince you that you will save so much $$ on cleaning products that the huge price tag will pay for it self. Not sure I believe them. Needless to say, we passed. I'm sure you can get a good water filtration system for much less $$.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:41 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
Default Rip-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by migs9999 View Post
Please go to Rip Off Report Ripoff Report Search Results: aquativa
and look at all the complaints. Mine is the first, and I made two responses to their standard excuse/rebuttal.
Great site. I book marked it for the future. thanks for the heads up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House