Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 03:15 PM

5 posts, read 5,437 times

Advertisements

I have the same issue, however, the sprinkler line is mine and the neighbor had the fence installed on my side of the property line. Now my sprinkler heads are behind her fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 03:57 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,885,124 times
okay, BF Home Repair, How did it happen that the neighbor put in their fence on your property? How long ago? Any previous discussion? And how do they feel about you going on their property? A friendly agreement with a gate?

Old 04-28-2020, 04:53 PM

5,102 posts, read 6,022,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Home Repair View Post
I have the same issue, however, the sprinkler line is mine and the neighbor had the fence installed on my side of the property line. Now my sprinkler heads are behind her fence.

How far over the property line is the fence? Did they know where the line was when they installed the fence? Is this a 'friendly' situation or an adversarial one?

Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 PM

I’m going to there house tomorrow, they put the fence in 2 years ago I just noticed the problem yesterday when I had to change out some of the sprinkler heads and install a WiFi controller. There about 2 feet to far over my line. I can see how it happened because the Lin on that side goes on a weird angle.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:14 PM

I thought the township has to approve where your fence is installed for digging purposes? I will talk to the neighbors before going over to the township maybe they will pay to have the sprinkler line moved the fence can stay where it’s at because of the angle it would look weird if they had to move it.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I thought the township has to approve where your fence is installed for digging purposes? I will talk to the neighbors before going over to the township maybe they will pay to have the sprinkler line moved the fence can stay where it’s at because of the angle it would look weird if they had to move it.

That often depends on local regs. Our town requires a permit (with drawing showing property lines) the County we are in does not require the same documentation. There it is just up to the installers not to screw up. Some have a more strict policy than others, if the property owner does it him/herself it is up to the property owners to work it out even if that means going to court.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I’m going to there house tomorrow, they put the fence in 2 years ago I just noticed the problem yesterday when I had to change out some of the sprinkler heads and install a WiFi controller. There about 2 feet to far over my line. I can see how it happened because the Lin on that side goes on a weird angle.

Your neighbor put in a fence two years ago and you just realized it is over the property line? Is this your home or an investment property?

Old 05-04-2020, 01:04 AM

Yes Midvalley, i didnt know because they installed it equal distance between the two properties, so it looks correct, but the property line is not equal my property is on an angle that crosses that center 3 feet. So the sprinkler installers was right but the neighbors fence installers did not install according to the property line.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:25 AM

10,585 posts, read 12,012,343 times
Quote:
Yes Midvalley, i didnt know because they installed it equal distance between the two properties, so it looks correct, but the property line is not equal my property is on an angle that crosses that center 3 feet. So the sprinkler installers was right but the neighbors fence installers did not install according to the property line.
So it sounds to me that you still didn’t know that your property line was kind of funky in that area.
Did you know that, or did you not know that?
Because if you knew that already you should’ve been able to look at the fence and see…… That’s in the wrong place. It’s on my side of the property line in that area. You should’ve addressed and corrected that right then.
And this fence has been there for two years? You need to let that go. Or pay them to have the fence moved because letting it go this long lies at your feet.

As for the original post that started this thread years ago..
I believe the OP said the original builder/developer and the developer’s surveyor screwed things up by not properly marking the property lines. So the neighbor really needs to go back to the developer in the original surveyor if your neighbor wants to get money from somebody who should fix the sprinkler head situation. The developer or original surveyor from when the house was built and the lots were surveyed that’s who’s fault this is.

If the fence was built on your property and their sprinkler heads run under your property line that in no way your fault OR your fence installers surveyor’ fault.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:19 PM

MidValley you where incorrect. The township says the fence was not installed properly and the neighbor can either, with my consent relocate my sprinkler line or move the fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House