Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 02:30 PM

5,108 posts, read 6,050,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Home Repair View Post
MidValley you where incorrect. The township says the fence was not installed properly and the neighbor can either, with my consent relocate my sprinkler line or move the fence.

I think you confused me with the last poster. I just asked for clarification on the work being done two years ago. I was just curious why it took so long to realize some of your sprinklers were on the other side of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 06:20 PM

10,600 posts, read 12,062,327 times
Quote:
I was just curious why it took so long to realize some of your sprinklers were on the other side of the fence.
Exactly. The OP says the property line is wonky in that area. Well, he didn't know that?

OP, your sprinkler heads were installed first? You couldn't look at that area and know -- uh, that fence is closer than my sprinkler heads? The sprinkler heads weren't used in two years time? And even if they weren't, I still don't see how this wasn't noticed for two years.

I'm not blaming you for the original mistake. But for you not to notice for two years...and now you want something down about it? If I were the neighbor I'd find out about adverse possession. But two years isn't likely enough time for that to kick in.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:49 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. The neighbor didn't mention to me how much the bill was for, but I can't imagine it was a ton of money.
They should contact the fence company regardless. Maybe the fence company will pay half and the neighbors pay half. Honestly, it shouldn't really matter whose property it was on to the fence company. If it had been on your property, it still would have happened and they'd need to pay for it. In reality, I think they should pay the entire amount but like you said, it can't be for a lot either way.

Edit - wow, really old post - LOL.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,580,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Exactly. The OP says the property line is wonky in that area. Well, he didn't know that?

OP, your sprinkler heads were installed first? You couldn't look at that area and know -- uh, that fence is closer than my sprinkler heads? The sprinkler heads weren't used in two years time? And even if they weren't, I still don't see how this wasn't noticed for two years.

I'm not blaming you for the original mistake. But for you not to notice for two years...and now you want something down about it? If I were the neighbor I'd find out about adverse possession. But two years isn't likely enough time for that to kick in.
im not sure why that matters. i think a lot of people dont know exactly where their lot lines are and its especially true if there are unusual angles to the lines. why does it matter that he only realized it 2 years later? do you lose property rights if you didnt notice the problem for a while? you make it like he did something wrong and i dont see that.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:35 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,944,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Home Repair View Post
MidValley you where incorrect. The township says the fence was not installed properly and the neighbor can either, with my consent relocate my sprinkler line or move the fence.
I’m still lost as to how it took you two YEARS to notice that you were watering their lawn and not yours. I can see the neighbor keeping their mouth shut once they say the issue, but you? Don’t you inspect your sprinkler system when you mow?

Anyway, ask them to move the fence.

Old 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM

10,600 posts, read 12,062,327 times
^^ Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House