Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,264 times

Advertisements

Any information on KRAFTMAID vs ULTRACRAFT?
I get different opinions from each "Kitchen store" i walk in to.
Could it be that some make more commission on a different brand?
One said "Kraftmaid is more durable but Ultracraft is more expensive"
Anyone know the real story??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamop View Post
Any information on KRAFTMAID vs ULTRACRAFT?
Anyone know the real story??
Why are you limiting yourself to just these two?
The real story is that there are a LOT of other cabinet makers out there.

My current favorite is Kitchen Kompact:
Nationwide Manufacturer of Oak & Maple Cabinetry For Over 50 Years

Old 09-03-2012, 06:58 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Use the search box in the upper right hand corner-
Cabinets have been discussed 100's of times in this (house) forum and the decorating forum.
I'm sure the answer/opinions you seek are already there.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
Might also look at Cardell. They're a favorite down here with the solid wood drawers and all wood box construction. The self closing hinges and drawer slides are a nice plus.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:52 AM

157 posts, read 379,340 times
Main difference between the two is that Ultracraft is a frameless (full access) style cabinet.

Matt

Old 09-03-2012, 09:34 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
I'd go into as much detail as you need but 99% of one hit one post wonders never ever even come back to read the answers to their question so it hurts our feelings.

Kraftmaid and Kitchencraft are both very good and upper middle end pricing and quality.

The Kitchen Kompact someone mentioned is a great cabinet but there are only 2 flavors of color and 2 wood species available. The good news is it's very inexpensive American made.

No commissions don't factor into the prices you're given most times. The percentage of list price - MSRP - retail price is what is important. The Home Junkpos and Lowes do sell for full list price. You would not pay sticker price for a new car would you? Then why pay it for cabinets. No one pays MSRP. If you pay sticker price for a car you got raped. If you pay MSRP for cabinets you got raped. Nearly all cabinet stores discount heavy from list. 50% off list is standard.

As Kledge said, there are hundreds of posts to answer your questions.

Good luck

Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Definitely check out your independent dealer. I had a customer drop in this afternoon with a list of Kraftmaid cabinets that he wanted a price on. When I was finished, he pulled out a quote from that Big Box store whose name rhymes with toes. Their price for the cabinets was over $7,400. Ours, for the exact same list, same features, same style of door, was less than $5,500. Now he is going home to see when his wife is available to come in with him to fine tune the layout. And, no, I didn't play with figures to get them to come back. It was straight, normal retail pricing.

Oh, and our price for laminate countertops (from the same fabricator) was about 55% of his other quote.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Kitchen Kompact is a decent cabinet, but most of the ones we sell are for in rentals, due mainly to their price and delivery time. Most people who are looking for their own kitchen want the additional features and options of our "higher" lines.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Kitchen Kompact is a decent cabinet, but most of the ones we sell are for in rentals, due mainly to their price and delivery time. Most people who are looking for their own kitchen want the additional features and options of our "higher" lines.
The OP has never been back since he posted over a week ago just as I predicted in my last post. I just checked his stats.

Yes we know about Home Junko rape prices. I been preaching it for years here. Lowes is about the same. Amazing isn't it? It's nice to see someone else verify what I been saying all along. Good luck to ya techno

Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 AM

3 posts, read 5,665 times
Though Cardell is a good option but I really don't think you have just these two options. Go to market and search the best product for your kitchen, there are so many available in the market at different prices and of different designs. Go and opt the perfect for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House