Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 01:36 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Electric Shocks Force New York Couple, Millie And Hal Mendelson, To Abandon Their Home

Couple Getting Jolted By Leaking Voltage In Home - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
This could be resolved in very short order by just using an electric field meter, which are cheap, and then looking at the grounding system of the home. The recommended EMF/Magnetic Field maximum levels are well documented.
Rather than having the owner state "they should buy this home", he should gather some documented evidence. Making statements with no facts is pure conjecture, and won't go anywhere in court. Spend the $200 for the survey, if the electric company is at fault it becomes the company's problem, otherwise, the homeowners are on their own. I guess this is why I don't watch pseudo 'News Videos'. (but I did here in a moment of weakness).

Old 09-15-2012, 06:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
They said they were suing but as you noted there is no mention of any testing done. Seems to me this would be open and shut case if the electric company was at fault.

Quote:
I guess this is why I don't watch pseudo 'News Videos'.
This was proabaly the teaser for the half hour, "Couple claims they are being shocked, story coming up".

Another example of entertainment journalism, first question out of the mouth of the journalist should have been to ask them if they had any testing done or some kind evidence other than a simple claim. If not move onto another story but of course a real story may not sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House