Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,377 times

Advertisements

Sferra and Ralph Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 08:42 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehg View Post
Don't wince at the per sheet price but these are my favorite: Amazon.com: SDH Legna Classic Sheets- 100% Italian Wood Fiber, Cal King Fitted Supreme, Cloud: Home & Kitchen

I actually love every SDH sheet I have including the "plain" old cotton sateen ones. But for softness their wood fiber ones linked above even beat their cotton silk blend.
Funny what these actually are is paper sheets. Most people probably would nto consider paper sheets, but call them wood fiber and they are great. They were already great when they were paper, but the name seems ot make them better.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,041 times
The thing about thread count is that it really refers more to the type of weave and the number of threads being used--more important to know is the exact fibers being used (synthetic or natural). We just made a blog posting called Shopping by Fabric on lacoziliving.wordpress.com if you want to read more on this.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,835 times
If your are looking for softness, go with 100% Single Ply Egyptian Cotton with a Sateen Finish. These get softer the more you wash them and if you take out of the dryer right away, you would almost have no wrinkles to worry about. Make sure they are Egyptian Cotton and Single Ply Thread. you can read this blog to get a better understanding of why some Egyptian Cotton sheets might not feel as good as expected. It is in the ply [url=http://linens.lecaire.ca/blogs/know-what-you-buy-egyptian-cotton-bedding-bath]Know what you buy - Egyptian Cotton Bedding & Bath | Le Caire Linens[/url] We hope you find this information helpful

We are the owners of Le Caire Linens [url=http://linens.lecaire.ca/]Le Caire Linens - Canada's Egyptian Cotton Store[/url] We host a variety of thread counts from 300 to 1500 all in 100% Egyptian Cotton Single Ply with Sateen finish. When looking at the different thread counts, it is a matter of preference, anything over 300 is soft and will feel good on your skin. The higher you go the softer and denser the sheets become.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:52 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
I love flannel sheets-year round. I have seen on this thread that there are a few who agree with me. But, I recently found a set of fleece sheets-love those more than the flannel. Nice & soft.

Cat

Old 10-28-2014, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,679 times
I need help finding replacement sheets! I used to buy Cindy Crawford 400 tc sheets from JCPenney and LOVED them, so soft, just the right weight...and they don't sell them anymore. I've been looking for a suitable replacement for years and the only ones I found were Chris Madden from Goodwill (also discontinued from JCPenney). I like the soft, slightly sateen, medium weight...if anyone has ever bought Cindy Crawford sheets, they'll know what I mean. Anyone know anything comparable?

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2014, 01:10 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
My favorite sheets are ... the clean ones.
Same here. I buy mine at the Goodwill and as long as they fit the beds, i dont care!

Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 PM

483 posts, read 630,490 times
I have ordered two different sets from Groupon. One was microfiber and the other flannel. Love them both and there is often a very good selection with Groupon. You pay no shipping but sometimes that can be slow. It's funny in that one set took almost a month and the other less than a week. I a guessing they farm out from different vendors. Anyway head over to

https://www.groupon.com/goods?catego...egory2=bedding

and take a looksie.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times
We have high humidity here so any synthetic fiber is miserable. We usually get 100% cotton sheets and use cotton flannel (the heavy type) in the winter. The high end resort hotels change out their linens every several years so all the hotel workers end up with bunches of them and they filter through the island via friends and yard sales, so we've gotten quite a few high end 100% Pima or Egyptian cotton sheet sets that originated from the hotels. Very soft and durable and also very white. One of these days I'll probably dye a few sets some more interesting colors.

We also get sheet sets from yard sales that don't originate from the hotels, since we have a segment of the population that is pretty mobile and affluent. The wanted to "live in Paradise" and packed up all their mainland goods and shipped a container full of great stuff over here. Shipping is expensive so they only bring the good stuff. After six months to a year they realize they left the grandkids or the great job behind and go back to the mainland. Usually by this time they are less affluent, so they are selling off all sorts of stuff to save shipping costs on sending it back to the mainland. So, household goods such as sheet sets can be found for very little money. I don't know if this would work in your area or not, though.

Another aspect of that the houses here are much smaller than their mainland counterparts so folks move here and then have a garage sale to sell the stuff that they moved over but won't fit in their new house. Last week's garage sales netted a set of Longaberger curtains for $5 that retail on eBay for around $80. Haven't a clue how much they'd be retail in a Longaberger store, if there is such a place. Somewhere in the hall closet is even a matching set of sheets that had been from a previous yard sale, although I dont know if they are officially "Longaberger" but the fabric matches.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:28 AM

460 posts, read 1,004,578 times
It is so hard to find good sheets these days at a reasonable price point, so hit or miss. I usually get whatever the most expensive cotton sheets that are available at Costco and they turn out good. With their amazing return policy you can't go wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House