Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 AM

89 posts, read 448,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
W someone tell me how everyone manages to get fingerprints all over their stainless steel fridges? I mean, don't all of these have handles?
coz nottings perfect. Sh1t happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 AM

461 posts, read 1,809,564 times
Who'd a thunk kitchen appliances could create 5 PAGES of opinions!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Try Clean Steel by GE. Stainless steel look, no fingerprints, holds magnets:

GE Clean Steel Appliances, clean steel refrigerator, Stainless Steal Refrigerator, clean steel range

I'd generally shy away from doing very dark cabinets with dark appliances, as it will tend to make the kitchen look smaller. But as always, YMMV.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Who'd a thunk kitchen appliances could create 5 PAGES of opinions!
Hey, it depends on your settings. I've got only 2 pages! Joke aside, you should've seen the length of the thread I mentioned in the Home forum...

Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Default Appliance Color

We moved into an older home and completely gutted the kitchen. I chose mahogany cabinets which are very dark but with a brownish tint, not a reddish. I also chose a dark countertop that has shades of black and copper with very few tiny white spots in it. I chose to keep my fairly new white refrigerator. I bought a new white dishwasher, smooth top cooktop and wall oven. My kitchen is not extremely large and has only one small window so even with the track lighting it can still be a little on the dark side so that is why I kept the white appliances to offset that. I am extremely happy with the results. My second choice was actually stainless steel but I still have a boy at home with lots of friends who visit so I definitely didn't want to spend all my time cleaning fingerprints. I think black is ok if you really want the appliances to be invisible.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:21 AM

202 posts, read 981,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Then it's not actually titanium. Real titanium would not hold refrigerator magnets, and would definitely get fingerprints. Plus, it's way too expensive to use as an appliance skin. I'm guessing these "titanium finish" appliances are just varnished steel.
I believe they are, technically, titanium alloys.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 14,458 times
Smile Titanium Fridge

hmm....has me thinking now. I also paid extra from PC Richards for my beautiful titanium fridge and I really love it but it does hold magnets. I think it cleans up easily with a sponge and always looks good. I have tweenagers and they are in and out of fridge often and the prints just wipe off. I love it better than my stainless steel stove and microwave any day. My stove and microwave are stainelss and black and the black always looks dusty.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Default New Oiled-Bronze Appliances

Someone mentioned there was a new appliance color coming out so I had to check it out, personally I find these new Oiled-Bronze appliances really ugly!

Last edited by Judy P.; 09-19-2011 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-16-2008, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 13,027 times
Default Black vs. Stainless

Hi Thread, I'm wondering if you decided between black & stainless & if you are happy with your choice.

Iam about to replace my ranges and microwave and cannot decide which I would like better. Need Help!

No children, small kitchen, rather dark but lots of electric lighting, cabinets are a medium cherry.

Thanks for any help given.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:38 PM

95 posts, read 427,352 times
I purchased a new model home in 2006. It had high end black appliances. The kitchen cabinets were Cherry, however, I moved in May 2008 and in my new home i had SS appliances installed with Cherry cabinets. It looks stunning. I highly recommend you go with the SS. I will say, the SS requires a bit more maint, but to me they are well worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House