Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,327 times

Advertisements

I just found out tonight that my oh so "wonderful (not at the moment)" pooch put tear marks in my microfiber couch!!! They were done by his back claws, I can tell because of the hole punches. There are probably 5 or so and although small, I am still super upset!!! The couch is also a recliner and we do not have removable pillows on top like other couches. Its a light camel tan and I am blaming myself for not putting some type of throw on top of it. Ugh I'm devastated!!! Anyone know how I can possibly fix this or has anyone dealt with this at all??? HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 04:54 PM

894 posts, read 4,348,998 times
did you purchase an extended warranty?

Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,020,595 times
even with an extended warranty most companies won't cover "pet" damage. I tried myself when my dog ate part of my couch cushion. I still get upset when I see that hole and it's been almost 2 years (i flipped the cushion over).
If any part of the couch can be removed, bring it to a tailor and ask them for their opinion.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,450,461 times
Microfiber is a pretty resiliant fabric, so it's possible that if they are just small punctures, it will stay that way.

I bought a new microfiber sofa and chair not too long ago. The day it was delivered, I waited for my husband to get home from work and I said "take a good look, because you're about to never see them again ". I then threw the covers on and aside from washings, they are on all the time.

I splurged this time and bought nice fleecy/faux fur covers - all in one matching solid color - and I bought extras so I can switch them around. Costco has some good ones and they're pretty inexpensive now. They are definitely saving my furniture .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House