Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM

89 posts, read 174,418 times

Advertisements

Have a few questions about using ready made JC ( green lid ) for texturing. Can I add cement coloring such as Quikcrete colorant to the JC? Also, what about adding latex paint to JC for texturing. Wanting an easy peasy way to recreate Old World rough texture. Is sanding necessary to remove the peaks after JC has dried? Isn't there a " technique " to knock down the peaks without any sanding? Most importantly, what is the technique called that is smooth yet heavy texture? Kinda wavy almost like a smooth cobblestone look. It's the one texture I absolutely love, but not often seen, Anybody know what I'm trying to describe? I can't seem to find it on Houzz, Pinterst, Goggle or other searches. Saw it once in a ID magazine. Just lovely!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,045,317 times
Look for the term:
"Venetian plaster"

...and it's not really a DIY project. It takes a lot of practice to perfect the technique.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 AM

Thanks for reply. I do not like Venetian Plaster. Hate anything shiny except for horses or Jewels... Wanting a rough texture like an Old World look. There are loads of info on using JC on the net,just can't find any GOOD CLEAR instructions about the questions I posted to here.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
Venetian plaster is naturally shiny? I just didn't know that, our entire living room, dining room and kitchen are venetian plaster, I love it, I just thought it was the semi gloss paint that made it shiny. I suspect it wouldn't be shiny in a less glossy paint, just a thought. Sorry I can't answer your question though, I'm against anything hard to clean.

Have you tried these forums? Faux Forum :: View topic - JC Texture help

Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 PM

wireyourworld - WOW! The last page shows the exact type of surface I want to create. Thanks so much for this link HappY New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House