Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
One thing I do occasionally is take a photo of each room. For some reason, the rooms look different in photos than they do when I just look at them -- and I often see "little things" in the photos that I miss in real life.
That is a great idea too! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
who cares, if they are your friends they will be there to see you and not worry about the dust on the top of a picture frame that you forgot to clean. ugh. really.....

Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
who cares, if they are your friends they will be there to see you and not worry about the dust on the top of a picture frame that you forgot to clean. ugh. really.....
Um, I KNOW they don't care, but I do. The problem is that we get so used to seeing things that we don't really "see" them. What I wanted were some suggestions for SEEING such things, and several posters were really helpful.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Um, I KNOW they don't care, but I do. The problem is that we get so used to seeing things that we don't really "see" them.

Agreed, on both counts.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM

677 posts, read 933,865 times
I try not to miss my husband left the toilet seat up in the powder room.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Um, I KNOW they don't care, but I do. The problem is that we get so used to seeing things that we don't really "see" them. What I wanted were some suggestions for SEEING such things, and several posters were really helpful.
oh, I must have read it wrong forgive me, I am in an office now multi tasking.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,330 times
Well if I am really cleaning then I usually don't miss anything. But only because I am ocd about such things. Now that also being said I clean houses for a living so my house is not always as clean as I would like it. But here are the steps to cleaning a room. High dust, pick up and straighten, dust, glass and mirrors, take a step back and look at the whole room, then the floors. I also always try to work left to right and move myself around the room until I get to the center.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:26 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
Quote:
I know--- obviously we are all above judging people if they have cat toys strewn about not big deal. But, I do understand what the poster is asking- to me, it's one thing to not get riled up about perfection but it's another when you are trying to do a good job cleaning, and miss something because you weren't aware of it.
If I know there are magazines/newpapers for example on the coffee table or a kitchen counter, I might decide that is fine for it to be there----- and leave it at that. However, I would be disappointed to see cobwebs in a corner or on a lanpshade fore example in a room tht is barely used except for company.
so I think the suggestion above about dusting high first would be a good one to start with.
and original poster- I hear you

Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Good Lord! Not enough space to list my overlooks. Lmao. A biggy, I tend to just, flat, not notice is cobwebs in corners ..up high. Thet drive a lot of folks bats*<t, I just don't see them. N NV has so many crawly critters its impossible to keep up with a few old webs. My decor is very rustic and total guy city. My gals house is just the opposite. Lots of frilly stuff, and cobwebs drive her to drink. Lol, so I sweep them down when I know shes coming over, lest I feel the wrath.

I have saddles and old, antique wagon gear, cavalry equipment, an old six foot ice saw and such, adorning my living room. A few webs almost fit the ambience. So, I guess, thats my big overlook. My gals place is so detailed if anyone gonna look close for stuff she missed, I figger they can leave. Yet, she is always going on about her "mess". ......I just roll with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House