Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 AM

14 posts, read 105,183 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much NVplumer for your help. I really appreciate it. Now that the weather has warmed up they have turned off the heat. Seem like they are doing an overhall on the building to bring everything up to code and making many repairs. Seems many of the tenants are complaining of the heat and they seem to have pluming upgrades every week. I will ask the landlord what repairs are being made and if they can add a shut off valve to my rad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 09:46 AM

14 posts, read 105,183 times
Hi All, I thought I posted a reply to the results of my issue. So here is the update incase it may help someone else. I asked them to install a shut off knob so they got a plumber to install it and I was able to control the heat at no cost to me. They made so many excuses at first but I insisted.

I no longer live there and the building owners and people where not very nice. So if anyone has the same issue with the radiators... since you are paying your rent you have a right to feel comfortable so ask them to install a shut off knob or maybe it's better to move to a home you can feel comfortable in.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 446 times
Default i got no shut off valve to my radiators steam prob help

is there way can without knob to shut off somehow a knob is only a screw can i use screw to shut off radiator looks like they took or cut off valves

Old 10-17-2017, 05:39 PM

34,089 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofny View Post
is there way can without knob to shut off somehow a knob is only a screw can i use screw to shut off radiator looks like they took or cut off valves
Call the super
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House