Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I have a Fridgidaire Gallery professional series oven that we purchased in 1996 and I still love it. The only problem I've had is with one of the burners not producing enough flame. Other then that I won't part with it until it dies.

Update: Yes the oven died in 2016 and we bought another Fridgidaire Gallery professional series. The spice rack fits on top just as it did on the old one. I'm loving it just as I did the old one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 11:17 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times
I had all new Frigidaire appliances in my house in 2007.

I had to replace the dishwasher a few years in, the refrigerator is still going strong, and the gas stove/oven has given me problems but I'm still using it. The burners tend to get "clogged" to where not enough gas comes out and I have to call my handyman who is babying it along. I've never liked the gas oven much, and the broiler is basically useless. When I eventually replace the stove, I will go gas range, electric oven.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:31 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,821,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I bought our "new to us" house in November. The seller bought all new appliances before putting it up for sale. It has a Frigidaire dishwasher and in-wall microwave/oven combo. The only complaint we have is the oven is too small. Otherwise, everything works great, but then again it's still new...
Update:

The dishwasher died, replaced with a Bosch last year.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:55 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubaman View Post
Hi I am buying all new appliances and interested in a Frigidaire oven that is highly rated on Best Buy, Home Depot, AJMadison, and many other sites (linked below). Mostly 4.5 starts and up. Price is good and a lot of great features.

Frigidaire 30 in. 5.0 cu. ft. Gas Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel-FGGF3054MF at The Home Depot

But as I research the brand as a whole I see so many negative opinions such as:
"I would never buy Frigidaire"
"Frigidaire is the bottom of barrel"
"I sell appliances for a living and wouldn't by Frigidaire!"
etc...

But on Consumer Reports in the Brand Ratings it has a lower percentage of repairs than most other brands. And guess what? Kitchen-AId considered higher end has the highest rate of repairs.

I am trying to buy a gas range for $1000 or under with decent quality and good features such as high and low temp burners, a 5th burner, quick boil, etc... The Frigidaire one has all this plus convection.

Other brands I should look at? Are Samsung or LG ovens better?

So what's the deal with all the hate for Frigidaire? Is it just a bad public perception?

I appreciate the feedback.
I dont know how many threads are started on here with the word HATE.. I dont get it. dislike is more fitting is it not.. anyway I dont know what you mean its a make of appliance.. the one I would never buy is Swan as I bought a washing machine three years ago from a catalogue.. three months later the door broke I reported it , man came out as under guarantee and said he would order the part. two weeks later and nothing so contacted them again this time not one bit pleased, then I got a phone call................were very sorry Mrs R... but we dont seem to be able to find the part for your washing machine in the UK in fact we cant get one from the manufacturer ... Now why did this catalogue even stock the damn things if they knew no parts could be found..........thankfully though they took the machine back and I was able to choose another make.. but beware of this make which I thought was British.. seems its all made abroad..and you wont get parts. I HATE Swan hahaha.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:45 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,195,268 times
I purchase Frigidaire stainless steel no fingerprint appliances for my rentals. I haven't had any problems with them.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:41 AM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubaman View Post
Hi I am buying all new appliances and interested in a Frigidaire oven that is highly rated on Best Buy, Home Depot, AJMadison, and many other sites (linked below). Mostly 4.5 starts and up. Price is good and a lot of great features.

Frigidaire 30 in. 5.0 cu. ft. Gas Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel-FGGF3054MF at The Home Depot

But as I research the brand as a whole I see so many negative opinions such as:
"I would never buy Frigidaire"
"Frigidaire is the bottom of barrel"
"I sell appliances for a living and wouldn't by Frigidaire!"
etc...

But on Consumer Reports in the Brand Ratings it has a lower percentage of repairs than most other brands. And guess what? Kitchen-AId considered higher end has the highest rate of repairs.

I am trying to buy a gas range for $1000 or under with decent quality and good features such as high and low temp burners, a 5th burner, quick boil, etc... The Frigidaire one has all this plus convection.

Other brands I should look at? Are Samsung or LG ovens better?

So what's the deal with all the hate for Frigidaire? Is it just a bad public perception?

I appreciate the feedback.
Frigidaire appliances were once a division of General Motors until 1979 when it was sold off to White Consolidated Industries (WCI) . That is when a large part of the troubles began. *LOL*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigidaire

WCI was never known for high quality appliances and soon the once great Frigidaire brand became a dirty name for many consumers. People thought they were getting Frigidaire quality of old, but instead got some shoddy goods instead.

Sometime around 2010 or so WCI was bought by Electrolux who now had their mitts on Frigidaire. This company knows more of what they are doing and have been investing heavily into R&D and so forth to bring Frigidaire appliances up to more decent standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolux

https://newsroom.electrolux.com/us/2...cturing-plant/

For the record GM/Frigidaire invented the "pulsating" agitator washing machine that many loved and mourn loss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Db6ute_eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cdOJuP83I

Old 08-26-2018, 08:52 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,169 times
I have the fridgedare gallery microwave, convection stove, dishwasher and side-by-side fridge.

Microwave and stove are great - love the air quick cooking feature of the stove.
Dishwasher is the best I've ever had, so very quiet and everything gets clean.

Fridge, no, I would not buy it again. Ice maker continually, at least every other week needs to be reset. It just stops making ice until you reset.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:43 AM

4,566 posts, read 10,652,230 times
Why the hate for Frigidaire brand?

Break often.
Impossible to repair. Labor costs sometimes outweigh the cost of a new one.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:15 AM

256 posts, read 311,462 times
I have Frigidaire appliances since 2008. Dishwasher, fridge, microwave and a stove. Everything works just fine, never broken, never repaired.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:27 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,120,139 times
This thread is 5 years old but still relevant, I guess.

Add me to the list of people who've never had any issues with any of my Frigidaire appliances.
And I've had two kitchens which have had all Frigidaire appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House