Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times

Advertisements

In relation to the cabinet, it's a regular sized 70/30 sink. About the only thing you can do is put in one with equal sized bowls. Cutting the stone would be the easy part. The difficult/messy part would be finishing the cut edge, if you were doing it in-place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
It's hard to tell the dimensions of that sink, but assuming it is cabinet width and pretty deep, we have a similar kitchen sink.

We use the smaller side for drying hand washed things (like pots, pans, baby stuff). We choose that type of sink, because it seemed more useful than 1 huge sink.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:58 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Gee....why the snarky comment? I think the forums have become a bit of a breeding ground for arrow slinging. Noticing this trend lately and really would love to see it reversed. The OP is shopping for a house and had an observation s/he was asking about. How else does one learn?
I got the impression from OP's post that she was "belittling" those who have that style sink. No where did she indicate in her post that she was shopping for a home.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:19 PM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
We redid kitchen 12 years ago and put in a big sink on one side ( enough for cookie sheet and a small vegetable on the other side with disposal. Also Franke faucet with sprayer pullout. Love having that big sink. We don't put pots and pans in dishwasher and still have them looking new after 38 years of marriage. :-)

Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Pull down nozzles have become very popular and we installed a replacement one just yesterday at a property. I really hate them, tho. Whenever I have new granite put on kitchen countertops I have 2 faucet holes installed -- one for a sprayer -- and if we use a pulldown faucet I simply put a soap dispenser as a place holder in case a future faucet changeout will have a side sprayer.
I don't care for the pull out sprayers either. I don't like the looks, nor the functionality in my kitchen (I have a narrow island so there is a huge potential for overspraying onto the living room floor). When I replaced my kitchen facet, I choose a low rise facet with a separate sprayer. If the sink was as large as what I had when growing up, then I wouldn't even need a sprayer.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,195 times
There isn't a dishwasher?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:11 AM

3 posts, read 4,009 times
Default Speaking from experience, I like it!

The picture angle definitely makes it look smaller than it is. It is actually very functional!

I lived in an upscale condo townhome with a divided sink similar to that. The tradeoff in size on one sink paid off in larger size in the other, obviously. That wider, deeper sink meant I could prep a 23lb turkey or soak a roaster pan. I used the smaller side to scrape dishes (it had the garbage disposal) and the larger side to stack.

The pull-out sprayer (as shown in the pic) keeps everything sleek. I prefer a less-industrial look like Grohe's Ladylux.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:16 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times
I'd be stymied by the fact that it's a double sink -- I'd need tips on how to take advantage of having 2 sinks. I've only ever lived in places that had singles.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
The least useful sink we ever had was a bar sized unit that was considered 'trendy' in a modern condo. The most useful sink we ever had is a 30+" single with a rack in the bottom. We will never choose to have a double sink again.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
I'd be stymied by the fact that it's a double sink -- I'd need tips on how to take advantage of having 2 sinks. I've only ever lived in places that had singles.
Soak in one, rinse in the other; the rinse side can also be used for other things while the dishes soak. I have a dishwasher and non-stick pans, so I opted for a single sink. The rare times something of mine needs soaking, it's usually bigger than would fit in the double anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House