Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM

13,065 posts, read 20,732,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
And why would a decorative fan be exempt from the rules? Seems to me that something that does nothing except use energy should have the most stringent regulations. Robyn
For the same reason that decorative bulbs are also excluded. The exempt items cannot make any claims related to its energy. You will not see any wattage numbers or anything like that because they are specialty. The decorative fans will have no energy claims, no air movement claims, or anything else like that. Imagine these regulations the same as the FDA and medication, while these "decorative" exempted items are supplements with no FDA oversight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,389,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
For the same reason that decorative bulbs are also excluded. The exempt items cannot make any claims related to its energy. You will not see any wattage numbers or anything like that because they are specialty. The decorative fans will have no energy claims, no air movement claims, or anything else like that. Imagine these regulations the same as the FDA and medication, while these "decorative" exempted items are supplements with no FDA oversight.
Well - that's an explanation - and I thank you for it. But why can't I buy regular old fashioned light bulbs that don't make energy claims (never read them anyway ). Robyn

P.S. My last question was somewhat rhetorical - since I've stockpiled at least 5 years worth of old fashioned incandescent light bulbs for several fixtures I have that need incandescent bulbs (for aesthetic reasons).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House