Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times

Advertisements

As the building and remodeling industry fights to dig out of the worst depression since 1928, obviously there are a whole lot of construction workers unemployed. Many are desperate and you as a consumer need to realize that anyone with a pick up truck and a tool box are calling themselves contractors and out there trying to get work from you. But at what cost to you?

There are at least a dozen ads on Craigslist in my city alone right now advertising full kitchen remodels for $2895. What do you think that includes? If you read an ad for a brand new loaded 2013 automobile for $995, what impression comes to your mind? Junk, trash, engine not included, made in China? Just a few ideas that I suspect you are thinking.

We in the trades find today's consumer wanting Ethan Allen furniture at Walmart prices. Look at yourself. Is this you? Why? Are you expecting too much knowing the construction trades have been devastated and workers are accepting less money these days? You can not pay less and get more.

Remember this: Those who are the best tradesmen will always have work. They are seeked out for their expertise. While they too have dropped prices some to compete with those who work for $8/hr, they'd rather sit home then not be paid their worth. That leaves only clowns and hacks left for you to choose from on Craigslist. Almost.

Recently we went to a appointment. This poor woman bought cabinets from Home Junkpo and paid extortion fees to have them install it too. After her 100% down payment which they require, 12 weeks later she got her new cabinets delivered. Some broke, some missing parts. But here is the best part......they tore her kitchen out 4 weeks after she made the deposit leaving her 8 weeks without any kitchen.

When Home Junkpo sent their Installers, they did nothing but argue and curse one another she said. This nice lady was a Christian but felt bad telling them to watch their filthy mouths. She said at one point they began punching each other in her kitchen. They broke the sink base as the fat one fell onto it. She called the police and they were arrested.

Home Junkpo refunded her everything she gave them and let her keep all the cabinets. We had to order additional items but got her complete and satisfied. I suspect they refunded her as a bribe to not sue but we did not ask her this.

Everyone out there!!!! Be so careful who you hire. I sincerely do not like hearing horror stories such as this all too often.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Grammatically, that was a painful read. I have no idea what the woman's religion has to do with your point. Come to think of it, I don't know if there is a point to your post, other than it being another self-serving, anti-HD propaganda piece that you love to write.

You forgot to mention the clever mantra, "big blue and big orange only want your green".

Old 07-19-2013, 06:21 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Default Please leave your religious rantings at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
This nice lady was a Christian but...
As an atheist, I feel that you are demeaning me.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,293,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Grammatically, that was a painful read. I have no idea what the woman's religion has to do with your point. Come to think of it, I don't know if there is a point to your post, other than it being another self-serving, anti-HD propaganda piece that you love to write.

You forgot to mention the clever mantra, "big blue and big orange only want your green".
Back off Mr Gramatic, I may not always agree with his posts, but the subject matter put forth an honest post. Be careful about who you hire to work in your home. Clearly, his level of professionalism is above those approved by big orange or blue. Honestly, I like stories that warn others to be more careful than trusting low wage employees to assign big dollar contracts.

You'd be shocked if you knew how much some get paid for their knowledge in the construction industry.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Back off Mr Gramatic, I may not always agree with his posts, but the subject matter put forth an honest post. Be careful about who you hire to work in your home. Clearly, his level of professionalism is above those approved by big orange or blue. Honestly, I like stories that warn others to be more careful than trusting low wage employees to assign big dollar contracts.

You'd be shocked if you knew how much some get paid for their knowledge in the construction industry.
I've never seen any professionalism from her posts. It's her, right? A kitchen designer? Either way, it's just dribble about his/her supposed credentials and how his/her opinion is superior to any other poster. This post was nonsense from the get go. Injecting religion into it is just further proof.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Didn't I tell you not to read my posts? Stay away. In fact why did you start coming to the HOME forums since you know nothing about home improvement or religion.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
As an atheist, I feel that you are demeaning me.
As a atheist you are insulting me so you get out too

Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post

I hearby nominate this post as the best one today. Thanks my friend. Someone appreciates what I do. I write for trade journals and have a book published. Companies actually pay me for writing. I do it for free and from my heart here.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Didn't I tell you not to read my posts? Stay away. In fact why did you start coming to the HOME forums since you know nothing about home improvement or religion.
Why you think you can tell anyone else what to do just furthers my point. Also, religion and home improvement have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Bringing up religion on the house forum is completely inappropriate.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Why you think you can tell anyone else what to do just furthers my point. Also, religion and home improvement have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Bringing up religion on the house forum is completely inappropriate.
You need to stay in the forums for same sex couples. And looking back at the way you talk to others, you need a good slap by bossman.

Now stay out. I hope the ignore hurts you bad. Guess I won't know cause I won't be able to read your anti straight posts anymore.

There, that cleaned up this thread....for me anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House