Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:24 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times

Advertisements

LOL!

Do you seriously think the OP has not fixed the problem in the last 2.5 years!

Besides, the OP was not huffing it. It was a slow leak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 01:43 PM

7 posts, read 41,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL!

Do you seriously think the OP has not fixed the problem in the last 2.5 years!

Besides, the OP was not huffing it. It was a slow leak.
I suspect they did move out. Firstly, HVAC companies do not want to fix leaks in new construction. They add freon, despite that being unethical and probably illegal. I spoke with one, of the about 10, I've worked with on this who said he quit his company as they did a lot of warranty work and there was a lot of pressure to hide problems until the warranty period is over.

Secondly, do you have any idea what you are talking about? Probably not. Do you know how much freon a person intakes when huffing? Do you know how much freon a person can intake when a leak comes into their home? Hint: it takes about 10 minutes to refill an HVAC line fully - so, to intake that amount leaked into a tight home with no ERV (fresh air system) over a period of a month would be like a huffer huffing the entire AC supply over a month.

Pitt Chick, the reason I posted is this is a very, very serious health threat. And one most people say is not there as they believe a factoid that "it disappears into the air". I've had multiple HVAC companies tell me that. Do you believe "it disappears into the air"? What is the atomic weight of O2? What about pentafluoroethane? Only an idiot with not even a chemistry class in high school would claim "it disappears into the air". In fact, it does not go anywhere as it is MUCH heavier than air.

Cheers.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:32 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Maybe "your" chemistry is wrong.
Read number 5- Health Effects
http://www.arkema.com/export/shared/...3-04-15-V0.pdf

Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,218 times
We had a brand new central air and heat put in our home last Wednesday. All week I have been tired, nauseous, and headaches. Yesterday I passed out at work. Had CT scan and blood work ( only took an hour). Came home to my 5 year old healthy Maine Coon cat laying on my bedroom floor. She acted normal and followed my mom into the kitchen for a treat, then just fell over dead. All of this took place within 2 hours.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:10 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksn76 View Post
We had a brand new central air and heat put in our home last Wednesday. All week I have been tired, nauseous, and headaches. Yesterday I passed out at work. Had CT scan and blood work ( only took an hour). Came home to my 5 year old healthy Maine Coon cat laying on my bedroom floor. She acted normal and followed my mom into the kitchen for a treat, then just fell over dead. All of this took place within 2 hours.
Probably want to make a few phone calls.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:58 AM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Ignoring that it is a first post in an established thread attempting to raise alarm, I love the way that people come to "If A, then B" connections. A helicopter flew overhead last Wednesday, all week long I have had a hankering for KFC. I asked a vegan to examine me, and when I came home my potted plant had died. Coincidence? I think not!

Old 09-02-2016, 10:03 AM

621 posts, read 1,123,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Probably want to make a few phone calls.
I have a bridge for sale...I thought I'd give you the first opportunity.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:55 AM

2,310 posts, read 6,824,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxweber View Post
First displaces O2 so you are short of breath.
This is an instantaneous effect call asphyxiation and requires large amount of the freon in a small enclosed space. If it hasn't happened yet to the OP (and killed her), OP has nothing to worry about now.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:10 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksn76 View Post

Poltergeist! Run for the hills!!!!

Old 09-02-2016, 11:14 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
I have a bridge for sale...I thought I'd give you the first opportunity.
Price? Size? Location?

Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House