Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 07:49 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,977,890 times

Advertisements

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio HE that is doing a wonderful job, love it. Clothes come out clean as can be, no problems.

knock on wood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:01 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Love my Maytag with the glass door on top.
Was that a floor model? I thought they only did that on demo units.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:34 AM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I have a Maytag top load HE. Have not tracked water use since I have 3 boys and run washer constantly.

I switched to liquid detergent for HE washers, and it cleans clothes fine. Every single friend of mine who has a front-loader hates it and is ready to switch back to top- load

I do have to run a load with just bleach water weekly to get rid of the mildew smell. That's one design flaw they really should fix.
I have this too and I am not at all crazy about it. Mine has a separate setting for cleaning the washer, and the installer said to use Tang. He also said to leave the lid up after a wash until the inside was dry. What I don't like is that I can't open the top while the washer is filling, so I have no idea if the mix of hot and cold are adjusted correctly. I do like that there is no center post inside the washer, and the clothes come out fine.

I hate the matching dryer. It takes forever to dry the clothes.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:35 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I have one and I don't think I am really at all impressed.

Just wondering what others experiences have been.

Saves no water because I end up washing every load on bulky to get the clothes clean, and even then sometimes I finding myself having to rewash items.

I didn't research this purchase prior and it seems people are really divided on if in their opinin the machinces work well or not.
I agree. I bought one, a GE brand, because I couldn't buy a washer with the "old school agitator".
I do not think they get clothes clean. Not enough water, and clearly not any agitation.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:16 PM

455 posts, read 463,839 times
We have had a Kenmore top loading HE washer for 4 or 5 years. it works great and we never have had to rewash anything. Teh problem could be with your water (hard?) or it could be your soap. We only use those with the HE icon on them.

We' also had two front loaders and had problems with them. Overall, we're much happier with our Kenmore.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:40 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I just plain don't like front loaders anymore when we sell the house and retire to our permanent home we are leaving these with the house . I will get top loaders from now on .

Old 06-22-2016, 01:39 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times
A top loaders are a pain in the butt. I have to use the "bulky"setting to get enough water into the tub. I ran the washer on regular load settings but the laundry at the top was dry barely damp when I took it out.

Go back to the oil style agitator washer that fills the tub up with Large, Medium, Small.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:53 PM

1,088 posts, read 1,463,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio HE that is doing a wonderful job, love it. Clothes come out clean as can be, no problems.

knock on wood
I also have the Whirlpool Cabrio HE top-loader. It has performed fine for the 5+ years that I've owned it, with one exception. When I use liquid fabric softener on medium to dark colored clothes, it doesn't always rinse out completely. I'll open the lid to find spots of fabric-softener-colored goo on my dark clothes...which kinda sucks!

I have found a 'work-around' for the fabric softener issue. If you choose the Bulky Items setting (rather than Normal Wash or Heavy Duty) AND select the second rinse option, they come out fine. But the Bulky Items setting is the highest water level of any cycle and, by choosing to rinse twice, I'm not exactly conserving water.

I would buy the same machines again (have the matching dryer, which works flawlessly). But I'd be lying if I said I don't envy my best friend's LG front-loaders on pedestals! But he paid more for a single machine (without pedestal) than I did for my set.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:01 PM

1,088 posts, read 1,463,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
A top loaders are a pain in the butt. I have to use the "bulky"setting to get enough water into the tub. I ran the washer on regular load settings but the laundry at the top was dry barely damp when I took it out.

Go back to the oil style agitator washer that fills the tub up with Large, Medium, Small.
I'm not sure what brand/model you have, but my Whirlpool Cabrio uses a 'spray' rinse on the Normal cycle. I don't like it and my clothes feel almost dry when I take them out. I only use it for very small loads, which is rare (I try not to wash less than a full load when possible).

Old 06-28-2016, 10:10 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoZoom View Post
I also have the Whirlpool Cabrio HE top-loader. It has performed fine for the 5+ years that I've owned it, with one exception. When I use liquid fabric softener on medium to dark colored clothes, it doesn't always rinse out completely. I'll open the lid to find spots of fabric-softener-colored goo on my dark clothes...which kinda sucks!
Are you putting the fabric softener in manually or is there a dispenser? I don't think you're supposed to use fabric softener unless there's a dispenser and a fabric softener button (which uses a full rinse instead of a spray rinse)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House