Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 09:37 AM

1,193 posts, read 2,391,133 times

Advertisements

We had a Kenmore dishwasher, stainless but not top of the line or anything, installed when we built our house in 99. We had no issues with draining -- ever -- but the dishwasher finally gave up the ghost earlier this year. Decent run for a dishwasher, IMHO.

So I did some research and bought a Whirlpool, model WDF730PAYM. We patronized a local business because we wanted to shop local.

Hah.

The dishwasher stopped draining after a couple of months. I don't believe this one has its own grinder/disposal and I think maybe the Kenmore did, but regardless, both are hooked through our sink disposal, so I shouldn't think that would make a difference.

I have been religious about keeping this one clean and clean the filter about once every 10 days, just because I don't want it to get grody like the Kenmore did after 14 years (both have plastic interiors; we just couldn't afford the SS interior).

The company came out and admitted they hadn't used the correct hose in installing it. They fixed it for free.

Here we are about three months later and the same dang thing has happened. The company is saying at this point since it's still under warranty that Whirlpool needs to handle it; they're setting that up now.

But my question is: is this a known problem with Whirlpools? Was there anything I should have been doing differently? I'm just so frustrated. This one is super efficient - its eco cycle takes all night to run, e.g. -- but I'm wondering if maybe the lack of rushing water that the Kenmmore seemed to be using has anything to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,847 times
I have never has any problem with my whirlpool dishwasher I just upgraded because I re did my kitchen is all. and mine had the power wash system in it as well. the worst dishwasher that I did own was a hobart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House