Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 01:16 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
WOOHOOOO!!!!

I think Guy Lombardo's orange jacket is really tacky though. REALLY tacky. In fact, it makes me cringe.
now that has made me really quite uppity Kathryn... I thought it went well with my new wallpaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 01:37 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
Dizzy, you crack me up.

Guy Lombardo is waaay cool! Love those reruns.

As soon as our ice age melts away all the little tacky statues in the garden will come forth.......The sleeping dog, pudgy man in a rocker, assorted birds and ducks.
It's a crapshoot to see what survived and what shattered from snow and ice refreezing.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post

Guy Lombardo is waaay cool!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
How could I have forgotten 1970s-era cheap paneling. It was even better (or is that worse?) when it was blue! Anyone remember the blue 1970s paneling?
I looked at a house a few years ago that had a different color of paneling in every room.

Believe it or not, that wasn't the house's biggest problem. So I passed.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I think we should tell on ourselves. I once had end tables made of wooden telephone cable spools. You know the giant spools? That's what I had, and I antiqued them orange. Oh yes I did! And I had orange lamps as well.

I think I have moaned somewhere about my old plaid sofa which I owned far, far too long. I bought it right when plaid sofas went out of style, and I regretted buying it for about 15 years.

Once I used an old wooden ironing board as sofa table in back of my sofa. Never could think what to put on that thing to make it look like something more than an old ironing board, but it kept a son from running into the room, jumping over the back of the sofa, and landing on the sofa cushions. Of course he then took all the cushions off the sofa and threw them into the floor.

I also owned a wicker tulip hanging lamp. I owned it from 1970 to 2009. No kidding.

What nutty things have you done to your house?

Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Dizzy, you crack me up.

Guy Lombardo is waaay cool! Love those reruns.

As soon as our ice age melts away all the little tacky statues in the garden will come forth.......The sleeping dog, pudgy man in a rocker, assorted birds and ducks.
It's a crapshoot to see what survived and what shattered from snow and ice refreezing.
It's warmed up here and it appears that my concrete crouching cat, both plastic bobble butterflies on sticks, and the hedgehog made out of a rock weathered the winter well!

I really wish I had a garden gnome. Maybe this year.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think we should tell on ourselves. I once had end tables made of wooden telephone cable spools. You know the giant spools? That's what I had, and I antiqued them orange. Oh yes I did! And I had orange lamps as well.

I think I have moaned somewhere about my old plaid sofa which I owned far, far too long. I bought it right when plaid sofas went out of style, and I regretted buying it for about 15 years.

Once I used an old wooden ironing board as sofa table in back of my sofa. Never could think what to put on that thing to make it look like something more than an old ironing board, but it kept a son from running into the room, jumping over the back of the sofa, and landing on the sofa cushions. Of course he then took all the cushions off the sofa and threw them into the floor.

I also owned a wicker tulip hanging lamp. I owned it from 1970 to 2009. No kidding.

Oh, Silibran, just read back through the thread - we've been telling on ourselves all through it! And even posting pictures!

Those spools...nice touch with the orange there.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:10 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,482,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

I know those very well . In my first apartment, I had a plant bench made out of cinder blocks and a piece of wood, and I didn't even bother to paint it . Hey, it functioned just fine.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:23 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's warmed up here and it appears that my concrete crouching cat, both plastic bobble butterflies on sticks, and the hedgehog made out of a rock weathered the winter well!

I really wish I had a garden gnome. Maybe this year.
You can have one of mine....NO NO Kathryn I insist, dont even think of sending it back

Old 03-25-2014, 12:47 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
LOL all, orange sppols, cinder block bookshelves (my folks had those in their first rental house), gnomes (he's on the front porch)

Fridge magnets; I have one that says Danger Men Thinking and another Who Took the Fun Out of Dysfunctional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House