Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 07:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I want one.... no one else will have one in Glasgow
Don't be so sure! One of the things I saw in Germany that really surprised me (among many things) was several Confederate flags displayed in various places! Now, I may be naive, but I truly thought that was just a redneck American thing but I'm pretty sure these were German nationals displaying these. I took a picture of one because after seeing several I thought "There must be something to this" but now I can't find it. Pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
Dizzy, do you want a huge one or a small star? They have them in now at Tractor Supply.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:34 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
OH wow.... now let me think.. do they have them the size of a dinner plate ... aye that ll do me fine..shove it in a jiffy bag and send it over... and thats true Kathryn, we saw a lot of confederate type stuff in the Canaria islands in shops . The best part of our holiday to Florida some years ago were busloads of men doing a Civil War re-enactment, they nicked about dressed in all the gear during the day.. but sadly it was the rainy season and it had to be cancelled but they all stayed in good spiriits , Id forgotten all about that till you mentioned confederate flags...

Old 06-03-2014, 07:42 AM

LOL, imagine that, you liking the reenactment thing! See the movie Sweet Home Alabama if you haven't, you will love it!

I wonder wht the shipping would be for that star to Scotand........are there none on ebay? I ship to the UK lots.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:19 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hummels.

Precious Moments.

Thomas Kincaide.

Twenty crosses hanging on one wall.

Pictures of Robert E Lee or Jesus standing over the bed of a sleeping child.

Prints of Aztec pottery and cacti.

Dream catchers and prints of wolves.

Most cowboy and/or cabin decor.

Those English and Irish porcelain collectible heads of sailors, seamen, pirates, sea captains, etc. that people hang in groupings.

Thimble collections (why, why, why?????)

Culturally inappropriate "black art" - like old advertisements of African Americans with gigantic lips, rolling eyes, etc.

what about lladro?? did I spell that right.

what about the dogs playing poker pictures?

your list is killin me, but I do agree!!!!

Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 AM

LOL I have my grandmother's Lladros on ebay as we speak

Old 06-03-2014, 12:48 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,022,104 times
Right now the only thing that makes me cringe in FILTH....but that may be because a friend of mine seems to have a slight clutter issue along with being depressed and not CLEANING her place. And yes I did -- I slept over there....with her dog's poop on the floor and rotten/putrified food on the counter, and in the sink and fridge.

I slept there and the next day I cleaned her place for her. Because it was ridiculous.

So given what I've just experienced, there's NO decor item that makes me cringe. I might not like an item...or might not 'get it' -- but if you like velvet Elvis paintings and Thomas Kinkade....if the place is clean -- more power to you!

I used to 'not get' how a person could be 75 and have had the same doilies on the same sofa -- or the same carpet -- or the same wallpaper for decades. BUT -- now that I myself -- have a house that I have decorated just how I LOVE it -- I see that decades from now I myself will be the lady with the 30 year old sofa and 40 year-old kitchen.

I now understand -- that if I live long enough -- I will become the person I didn't 'get' before. And it will be my grandnieces and nephews who don't get how I could have the old stuff I have!

Old 06-03-2014, 04:58 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
You know what is making me cringe? The fact that my beloved birds (wild, outdoor ones) have pooped in copious amounts on every single one of my patio chairs, cushions included. It's like they decided to have some sort of crazy crapfest today. I can handle a normal amount of bird poop, but this seems like an editorial statement, there's so much poop. What gives, birds?

Also, on a wholly unrelated, but kind of hysterical, note, my dad just mixed my mom a cocktail using the "cranberry" juice from their fridge. Unfortunately, it was nectar for the Baltimore Orioles. Oopsy, poopsy.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
You know what is making me cringe? The fact that my beloved birds (wild, outdoor ones) have pooped in copious amounts on every single one of my patio chairs, cushions included. It's like they decided to have some sort of crazy crapfest today. I can handle a normal amount of bird poop, but this seems like an editorial statement, there's so much poop. What gives, birds?
It's breeding/nesting season. They change their output. (If there's a lot in one spot, look up. There may be a nest above that spot.)

Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's breeding/nesting season. They change their output. (If there's a lot in one spot, look up. There may be a nest above that spot.)
I can personally attest to that!

Which reminds me I need to get the hose out and clean off the front porch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House