Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 11:07 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,125,922 times

Advertisements

We also use a quart sized heavy plastic pump bottle in the shower for shampoo. I hated having partial bottles all along the edges. Told the kids we were using one container for all of us I do rotate what kind of shampoo we use in it to try to keep the peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,688,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We also use a quart sized heavy plastic pump bottle in the shower for shampoo. I hated having partial bottles all along the edges. Told the kids we were using one container for all of us I do rotate what kind of shampoo we use in it to try to keep the peace.
We do the same thing Jaxson. I can't stand those partial bottles either, and I love the ease of not having to pick up the bottles, turn them over, and get shampoo out. It's so simple to just give a couple of pumps. It was in the bathroom that I first started using the pump bottle, loved it so much, that I took the idea to the kitchen. In fact, it was a heavy-duty shampoo pump bottle that I first started using in the kitchen.....empty and refilled of course! LOL

Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 AM

2,500 posts, read 6,300,017 times
Another pump user here. I use the seasonal ones for my dish soap. Im using an Irish leprechaun right now. Ill pull out a rabbit after that.

I dont like bottle overload on my sinks either.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,125,922 times
Speaking of pump bottles I would like to find a repurpose for those heavy duty pump laundry detergent containers. Have one that has a long pump on it then another I reuse that has the spigot on it. I do pour liquid detergent in the spigot one above my washer.

I think the manufactures should have like 55 gallon barrels of their products at the store. We take in the heavy plastic containers to refill our dish soap, laundry products, shampoos etc. It would stop so much going into the landfills and hopefully reduce the cost to both the company and customers. Years ago I sent that idea to Proctor & Gamble reckon they didn't like the idea.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 PM

24,303 posts, read 25,811,010 times
^^ Now that is a good idea.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,639,917 times
I think Febreze is seriously overrated. When I've sprayed it on things the smell does not last. So instead, I put dryer sheets in between cushions and also in our clothes drawers...smells good!
Also, I don't use WD-40 I just use cooking spray it has the same effect.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,157,053 times
Hydrogen peroxide will neutralize bleach. If you have reason to want to neutralize bleach in your laundry before the water goes down the drain (like if you have a septic system and don't want to kill off the bacteria in it), let your laundry go through its wash cycle with the lid open (assuming your washer will stop automatically before the drain/spin cycle). Then pour one cup peroxide in the water, reset the timer for 5 minutes and close the lid. The bleach in the wash water will be neutralized and then will drain and spin as usual. Or if you just don't like the smell of bleach, you can get rid of it by adding peroxide to it.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,157,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Hydrogen peroxide will neutralize bleach. If you have reason to want to neutralize bleach in your laundry before the water goes down the drain (like if you have a septic system and don't want to kill off the bacteria in it), let your laundry go through its wash cycle with the lid open (assuming your washer will stop automatically before the drain/spin cycle). Then pour one cup peroxide in the water, reset the timer for 5 minutes and close the lid. The bleach in the wash water will be neutralized and then will drain and spin as usual. Or if you just don't like the smell of bleach, you can get rid of it by adding peroxide to it.
FYI........I looked up to see what the chemical reaction is between bleach and peroxide. If the info is right, the two chemicals mixed together yields salt, water and oxygen. Peroxide, by itself, left exposed to air will break down into water and oxygen.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,200 times
I was thinking of using latex paint in my grout lines, not for the shower, but for the tiles in the
rest of the house... anyone tried it?? did it work for you??

Old 06-14-2010, 04:45 PM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,125,684 times
Hi o johnson,
As long as the grout joints won't get wet, it will be fine: if there is a chance they will get wet, then the paint will peel/flake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House