Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,732,783 times

Advertisements

Have I mentioned I have a 4 yr old grandson living with me!!??? OMG y'all, I don't remember any of my children being this.....um, artistic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,100,286 times
I tried using a chunk of the Magic Eraser for the toilet bowl overnight. Unfortunately it did not work and it got stuck trying to get flushed down. I then had to attempt to get it out of the toilet with my toilet brush. Very frustrating I was hoping those tips would work. Not for me. The worse thing is the toilet ain't much cleaner. Oh well.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,726,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
I tried using a chunk of the Magic Eraser for the toilet bowl overnight. Unfortunately it did not work and it got stuck trying to get flushed down. I then had to attempt to get it out of the toilet with my toilet brush. Very frustrating I was hoping those tips would work. Not for me. The worse thing is the toilet ain't much cleaner. Oh well.
If you google "magic eraser toilet bowel" you will return dozens of links about it. There are apparently two versions out there.

1. Place a chunk in the TANK and let is sit in there. It will help keep the toilet clean with each flush.

2. Place a chunk in the bowel overnight, but this apparently only works for the hard water stain rings some people get.

These are posted on dozens of sites and many people claim they work. Sorry, it didn't work out for you, but like they always say...YMMV.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
I have never been fond of the magic erasers . . . they didn't work for me. I have tried them several times over the years and thought they were a total waste of money.

Yet, I hear people raving about them! So, maybe I am not using them correctly. I am going to give them another chance.

Thanks for all the great tips!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:44 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,851,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatRoy1 View Post
You may want to try dehumidifying crystals. There are numerous brands - Damp Rid is available all over the place. I've seen it at Home Depot. Boat owners put several in their boats before putting the tarp over for the winter and report their boats mildew free in the spring when they uncover them.

A friend uses it in her pump house in Washington to keep up with the moisture and in her closets as well.

Dehumidifiers work. We used one in a basement for years. Ours was noisy and used a lot of electricity. We also did the towels at the bottom of the window. Lot of work and still a mess.

I checked Amazon and there even little refillable containers that you can get to put on your window sills.
I use those refillable Damon Rid crystals, I have one in every closet ,pantry & bathrooms, now I've found the ones you can hang in clothes closets. Those ones I've just tried this week so I'm not sure how good they are, the container ones work great.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:58 PM

14 posts, read 35,095 times
[quote=anifani821;2283387]

Here is the easiest method I have ever found for cleaning them - even when they are really really nasty! Just pour hydrogen peroxide on them. Let that sit and bubble. Then come back about 10 minutes later w/ a cleaning brush - and the goop will all come up very easily! Just rinse and you are done - NO SCRUBBING!!!

I never knew about this, Thanks! I tried out of curiousity and it worked! LOL many thanks

Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,110 times
[quote=gl3rbie;32250718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Here is the easiest method I have ever found for cleaning them - even when they are really really nasty! Just pour hydrogen peroxide on them. Let that sit and bubble. Then come back about 10 minutes later w/ a cleaning brush - and the goop will all come up very easily! Just rinse and you are done - NO SCRUBBING!!!

I never knew about this, Thanks! I tried out of curiousity and it worked! LOL many thanks
What is this referring to?

Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,332,468 times
[quote=fuzzymystic;32250776]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl3rbie View Post

I think toilet "bowels." If you have those. Maybe we have to DRINK the cleaners.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:01 AM

[quote=fuzzymystic;32250776]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl3rbie View Post

Not sure . . . the poster must have quoted from one of my tips earlier in the thread.

I use hydrogen peroxide for a lot of cleaning in my home, so am not sure what in particular this referred to.

At first when I read it, I thought it may have referred to how to clean hair brushes, even those with hair color in them, as I pour hydrogen peroxide on them (preferably, let them sit in a bowl of hydrogen peroxide) and the "gunk" will magically disappear - and you are left with clean brushes and combs.

Another way I use hydrogen peroxide is to pour it around water faucets where "goop" has built up - let it sit - and it bubbles the goo away.

I have a lot of other uses for hydrogen peroxide, so just not sure which tip this referred to.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 AM

[quote=Jukesgrrl;32250972]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post

I think toilet "bowels." If you have those. Maybe we have to DRINK the cleaners.
No, don't think it refers to cleaning toilet bowls . . . I use denture cleaning tablets in toilet bowls with bad stains.

And on a regular basis, I spray bleach in toilets (outside of them, as well) . . . cleans and disinfects - and takes out most stains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House