Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine has a daughter that is an artist. I was telling my friend that I had a particularly tough stain on a shirt and I had all but given up. Normally I have no trouble getting stains out, but my bag of tricks ran out with this one. She told me to buy
"The Masters" Artist's Soap. It is available in art stores and Amazon.

This stuff is just not to be believed. My shirt is as good as new and I have tried it on DH golf shirts that got muddy and could not be bleached and it truly is amazing. It lasts for ever she said and based upon my recent uses, I believe her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 04:14 PM

2,106 posts, read 977,306 times
Seems putting ice cubes in garbage disposal is "fake news" garbage disposals have impellers not blades so,theres nothing to sharpen

Old 01-25-2019, 06:48 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,428,248 times
Cheap way to remove onion and garlic from your hands:

Wash with hand soap, rinse, then wash with white vinegar, rinse.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:57 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,414,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
Cheap way to remove onion and garlic from your hands:

Wash with hand soap, rinse, then wash with white vinegar, rinse.
I keep searching out ( I may have even asked here years ago) for a good way to remove onion and garlic odor from WOOD cutting board.
The only thing I find that works is using a glass one and putting in dishwasher.

I keep thinking there has to be a way to get the odor out of wood.

Please do share if you have any.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:04 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,428,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I keep searching out ( I may have even asked here years ago) for a good way to remove onion and garlic odor from WOOD cutting board.
The only thing I find that works is using a glass one and putting in dishwasher.

Vinegar.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:09 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:

I sprinkle coarse salt on the board and then "scrub" it with half a lemon. Then just rinse it off with water. It's recommended to wipe it down with food grade mineral oil (or "butcher block oil") after that, but I have to admit I don't do that every time.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:40 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,481,691 times
Quote:

I dont have and dont know about wood, but i pour some bleach on my plastic cutting boards to get rid of onion and garlic.
Also removes any stubborn stains, like green from broccoli, red from red peppers etc.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:49 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
To whiten tub grout, place paper towels soaked in bleach along the grout overnight. The grout will become vivid white.

I do this too, but it only takes 10-15 minutes for the bleaching effect to occur so, I don't leave it on overnight.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:28 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times
Use post-it notes when screwing holes in walls for hanging pictures, etc. Just stick it below the place to be screwed and make a fold to hold any plaster dust.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:40 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Always set mouse traps in the same place where you caught one at. They follow the scent of each other to find food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House