Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2020, 05:51 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Cleaning plastic hair brushes that have built-up hairspray and/or other hair products: Remove as much hair by hand, then soak in hot water with a little bit of liquid laundry detergent. Almost everything melts away! Then rinse thoroughly and air dry, of course.
I spray mine w/the foaming bathroom cleaner (Scrubbing Bubbles and others) let them drain the sink and then rinse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 06:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Just remembered- I have shared this but not in this thread-
It's excellent to get hair out of drains. you will be amazed at what comes out. So cheap and so effective.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCra...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
I either have that one or one similar and they do work great.

Old 02-08-2020, 04:39 AM

417 posts, read 454,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possibleyou View Post
I accidentally dropped a plate of pasta and meatballs all over my friend's white carpet. There was red sauce all over and my heart nearly stopped until our other mutual friend ran to the bathroom to grab white shaving cream and a wet rag, she spread the shaving cream all over the stain and was wiping it off with the wet rag. The stain was no longer on the carpet and we left there in relief. Till this day I am still so shocked that stain really disappeared.
I never knew this. Shaving Cream huh? Will try to remember this.

Old 02-09-2020, 07:05 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
A friend of mine has a daughter that is an artist. I was telling my friend that I had a particularly tough stain on a shirt and I had all but given up. Normally I have no trouble getting stains out, but my bag of tricks ran out with this one. She told me to buy
"The Masters" Artist's Soap. It is available in art stores and Amazon.

This stuff is just not to be believed. My shirt is as good as new and I have tried it on DH golf shirts that got muddy and could not be bleached and it truly is amazing. It lasts for ever she said and based upon my recent uses, I believe her.
I am going to update this post from about a year and a half ago. I was in love with the then and now I am over the moon. There is nothing that I will not use this on. Just this week DH had a dermatologist appointment for a skin cancer procedure on his neck. Well, it apparently bled and bled ALOT. It was hours later that he told me, he had sprayed it with Hydrogen Peroxide. He was upset because it was one of his favorites. I rinsed it out you and hit it with the soap and laundered it. Good as new, you can't even tell the stain was ever there. Now in this case, I am sure the initial treatment helped out, but this stuff is amazing.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:10 AM

I missed the first post on this - I'll have to check it out, thanks!

Old 02-09-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I missed the first post on this - I'll have to check it out, thanks!
I wish I owned "rights" to this as I have told so many people about it I could be sitting pretty.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:06 PM

I wish I owned stock in Kleenex - LOL

As for a household tip: I'll post this because many of friends think it was inventive of me - I have a screened porch and over the winter to help keep out the worst of snow/rain I purchased inexpensive shower curtain liners, fold them to size for each section and use a tension rod w/either the cheap plastic shower curtain rings or those yellow plastic trash bag ties (if you have them) to hang and another tension rod lower down to keep it from blowing in (it helps me also in that I go out there to smoke and it "sort of" insulates it a bit).

Old 04-23-2020, 06:42 AM

417 posts, read 454,749 times
Any one else? I appreciate this thread and check back from time to time.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:30 AM

22 posts, read 30,891 times
Hi Everyone - since you are posting household secrets, maybe someone has one for me...

I have a dishwasher with a stainless steel tub - I CAN NOT get it clean - it's filmy and streaky. I've run it empty with just vinegar and it looked worse! I've googled and gone up to the website to no avail.

Any suggestions!? TIA

Old 05-11-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirVineS View Post
Hi Everyone - since you are posting household secrets, maybe someone has one for me...

I have a dishwasher with a stainless steel tub - I CAN NOT get it clean - it's filmy and streaky. I've run it empty with just vinegar and it looked worse! I've googled and gone up to the website to no avail.

Any suggestions!? TIA
I have not used it, but I have friends who have and they swear by it and it has good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/Affresh-W1028.../dp/B002R0DXQE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House