Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I have a huge laundry room -- it's called the basement.

It sounds like it might be not worth the trouble for you, though - electrical, plumbing issues, and the new wall would have to meet fire standards etc. because it's between the house and the garage.

Good luck finding a solution.

showoff !!!!!

love you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 06:51 AM

153 posts, read 540,818 times
My situation is the exact opposite. The laundry room was out side in the garage. For your viewing pleasure I've included some pictures. This remodel was a 2 for 1. Planning has gone on for years prior to this and the remodel phase has gone on for a couple that I do in my spare time... "for fun" and "because I can".

Anywho.... I got a bigger man cave type master bath and a laundry room that I can access without putting a wrench in my back. Still got a ways to go yet... but OMG, it's a far cry from where I came from.

[img] //www.city-data.com/forum/attac...re-n-after.jpg[/img]

I can park 2 full sized vehicles in the garage.
Attached Thumbnails
I hate my laundry room!-laundry01.jpg   I hate my laundry room!-laundry02.jpg   I hate my laundry room!-laundry03.jpg   I hate my laundry room!-laundry04.jpg  

Old 07-04-2014, 04:12 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech443 View Post
My situation is the exact opposite. The laundry room was out side in the garage. For your viewing pleasure I've included some pictures. This remodel was a 2 for 1. Planning has gone on for years prior to this and the remodel phase has gone on for a couple that I do in my spare time... "for fun" and "because I can".

Anywho.... I got a bigger man cave type master bath and a laundry room that I can access without putting a wrench in my back. Still got a ways to go yet... but OMG, it's a far cry from where I came from.

[img] //www.city-data.com/forum/attac...re-n-after.jpg[/img]

I can park 2 full sized vehicles in the garage.

I used live in a house that had the laundry in the garage, too. Didn't care for it.

Cat

Old 07-04-2014, 07:45 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Had a home with Laundry in the garage behind the kitchen wall...

Moved the wall back 30" and now the laundry is inside and kitchen picked up some square footage.

Garage now has 2.5 less depth which we don't even miss...

Old 07-04-2014, 11:06 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,800 times
Texh443- love the look of the shower, make sure to post pics when it's completed.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:26 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
if it makes you feel any better, I have my portable washer in the kitchen, so i would happily trade with you..
metoo I have a tiny kitchen and would love an area like yours and would die for a garage too..

Old 07-05-2014, 07:43 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
My aunt and uncle did this. Except they didn't expand the laundry room. They created a laundry room in the deep part of the garage and made the old laundry room a walkway greenhouse connecting the house to the laundry/garage area. It's stunning. Imagine that little hallway you walk through everyday from the kitchen to the garage being filled with orchids. I'm not saying your space is right for a green house. It depends on if the exterior wall faces south or not. But I'm inspiring you to think outside the box.

You don't need to tear out the wall between the laundry room and the garage to expand the room. You can make the existing laundry room a different space entirely and move the laundry room out beyond the door. For example, you could make your current laundry room a pantry with shelves. Then you'd walk through the pantry to the laundry room beyond the door.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I have a huge laundry room -- it's called the basement.
What a coincidence! I do too!

A small laundry room might make me a more productive laundress.

My basement can accommodate a mountain of laundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House