Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 AM

701 posts, read 1,691,407 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a pull out shelf option that doesn't require being screwed into the bottom of a cabinet? I'm looking to create a silverware drawer in my pantry because none of the drawers in my kitchen are wide enough for a silverware tray. Most of the options I've seen from rev-a-shelf involve screwing into the base of a cabinet. I was thinking I'd use one of the pantry shelves as the "base" and then screw into the back and sides of the pantry, but I can't really screw into the shelf since it's a movable shelf, not fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 10:46 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Why not just find a tray that fits the shelf and screw that to the shelf assuming you want the tray fixed.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Why not just find a tray that fits the shelf and screw that to the shelf assuming you want the tray fixed.
KISS principle? Duh! My brain is not fully functioning. I bought the house Thursday, moved Friday, and my brain has been fried by the unpacking, blinds/curtains install, and cleaning my rental that I moved out of!

The other option is to buy a pantry with existing drawers, one of which I just found. The pantry isn't purchased yet, so I might just do that instead.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,889 times
I bought a couple pull-out shelves from shelvesthatslide.com. Normal mounting hardware is to a fixed base, but they also offer side and rear mount options when there is no shelf, or you don't want to attach to a shelf.

The shelves were very reasonably priced, and well made. I installed them in some deep overhead cabinets in a laundry room (24" deep over the washer and dryer), and they are currently holding multiple jugs of liquid detergent and bleach, so they've proven to be sturdy.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 AM

Cool, thanks. I'll check that out too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House