Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 03:17 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times

Advertisements

Yup, robot vacs have trouble with loose cords and rug fringe. But they are great for sort of dusting the floors. We have a lot of dog hair around, though, so it's always getting twirled up on the robot vac's rollers and I'm not sure which takes more time; cleaning the floor or cleaning the robot vac. But they are fun and it does seem to help.

We usually drag out the big vacuum and actually get some serious cleaning done when the dust bunnies are big enough to fight back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,058 times
I don't get much time to clean my place often but will try to clean them quickly that includes sweeping as well. There won't be anyone in our place most of the time and only by evening me and my husband drop in after work. At times we will cook or we will eat out. So it won't be messy but still the open windows will let so many dust into the hall. Along with this we also call in a professional cleaning service, mainly Sunrise Cleaning (Mississauga), ones in three months for full cleaning. This keeps the whole place look great.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:27 PM

20 posts, read 26,737 times
Daily in the high traffic areas...lots of fur all over them. I use a vacuum to sweep my wood floors, and it picks up everything.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:34 AM

983 posts, read 995,350 times
I just installed laminate flooring, and I've swept the floor more times in the last two days than I have in my entire life!
I think swiffering the floor is going to be a new night time ritual.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,266 times
If you have carpets in your living room, it is very necessary to vacuum it often. If not, just sweeping is enough. Also, you will have to clean the carpet by professional cleaners once in a while, because germs and bacterias can easily get inside carpets and we may not notice it. Clean them by professionals, especially if you have kids in the house.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:14 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Yeah, whatever. When kids were crawling around on my floors, I vacuumed and mopped daily. I couldn't get every room every day, but everything got done once a week. Now, I'm just happy if it looks OK. I've spent decades building an immune system. I will not allow it to retire early.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
Our hardwood floors are swept, mopped two to three times a week, because we have two dogs and a cat, and they leave lots of prints/fur around the house.
Same here. I "spot sweep" about once every three days and then do a thorough sweeping/vacuuming/mopping of all the floors at least once a week. Like you, we have two dogs and a cat, and we get dust bunnies as well as cute little muddy paw prints. When it's wet outside I have to mop every day. Ugh.

But those sweet fur babies are worth the trouble.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:40 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
After about a month I despised our Roomba and sold it. It worked ok on the main part of the floor but failed to get in the corners and couldn't get under the edge of the recliner and couches. I bought one of the $100 cordless vacuums and use it daily on our floors. It takes about 20 minutes to do the whole house. Then I run over our floors (laminate, hardwood, and tile) with the Bona floor cleaner. They are always clean, even with 2 kids and 2 dogs (Boxer and Daschund) running around.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:00 AM

5 posts, read 7,864 times
Usually after one day and daily if needed.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:43 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Our maid service is every two weeks. The carpeted rooms get vacuumed. The hardwood floor great room and hall, kitchen and baths get vacuumed and wet mopped. Rarely need to do anything more often but will if needed.

Every other week I run a dust mop over the hardwood floors primarily for cat hair and tracked litter.

I spot vacuum around litter boxes as needed. Got a few upright broom stick vacs in closets for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House