Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one for kitchen?
Double wall oven on another wall away from cooktop 13 54.17%
Regular oven with cooktop, with another single oven on another wall 6 25.00%
Neither (explain why) 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:56 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,564 times

Advertisements

Which would you pick, a double wall oven which is on another wall away from the cooktop? Or regular stove with cooktop/burners and a separate wall oven on another wall? And why would you choose that? I want two ovens and one cooktop, trying to figure out the better choice and why!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 08:18 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
You can also get two ovens that go under a cooktop. My mom has that. It works well. The top oven is short so that the main oven can be full sized for big things.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:21 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,379,705 times
It would depend on how far away from my cooktop and prep space the ovens were and how it impacted my workflow.

If this is a remodel of your kitchen, walk around and back and forth acting out preparing a meal etc. and deciding if it bothers you to be going over to an oven, back to the cooktop, over here, back to there, etc.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,093 times
We just finished rebuilding our Hurricane Sandy wrecked house and I went with the double oven separated from a 36" cooktop by the refrigerator. I hated standing over a hot stove while I used the range previously and I am really happy with the choice. I would rather have the fridge next to the range and the oven slightly removed because I can more easiy take items from the fridge while cooking on the range and do that with much greater frequency than I would traveling from range to ovens. It has worked out well. Though depending on your layout, you could have the range flanked by the ovens and the fridge. That didn't work for my layout but that could be perfect for you... Good luck with your plans!

Old 09-14-2016, 03:00 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,006 times
Double wall oven, plus a warming tray. :-) Separate cook top.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:23 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
I prefer the cooktop to be part of the oven/range. A second wall oven would be nice too.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:39 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
If I have room for a wall oven, I'd want a double wall oven instead of having to bend over to get a large, hot cooking dish out of the oven. Ideally, I'd have double wall ovens with a separate cooktop with big storage drawers underneath for pots and pans.

Not having room for a wall oven, I have a standard range and a largish countertop Breville oven which sees a lot of use in my family of two.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:46 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Like my current set up, single wall oven about 3-4' from the cooktop. Two ovens would be overkill for me.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:25 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Back a few years ago I gave a layout of what I thought was the ideal kitchen.

Having enough space- more specifically wall space- and have at least one wall oven. I kept ergonomics in mind with the layout. The oven would be basically 32"AFF, then match a microwave at approximately the same height and both could have warming drawers below them.

I've found the biggest problem with putting a wall oven under a cooktop is the venting. Nothing worse than having the oven going while you're standing there cooking on the cooktop.

As for the microwave, there are the oven/micro combos but they tend to be too tall for most people. Pulling something hot out of a micro thats above your head is not good. Same for those that put micros in islands- too much bending over (one exception; drawer micro).

Old 09-16-2016, 09:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I've always had a cooktop and oven, sometimes I had two ovens. What you should get depends on your floor plan.

There are stoves that have two ovens now, by the way.

I found having an oven installed under counter worked well. My cooktop was a couple of steps across the room.

If you can only fit one oven into the plan, you can buy a countertop oven. That is what I did, and I like using it very well. It is easier to keep clean than a regular oven, and it heats up faster too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House