Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 02:35 PM

65 posts, read 257,100 times

Advertisements

Hi CD, I recently bought kitchen cabinets and countertops from/through IKEA. When the countertops were installed, they cut the hole to fit the sink we also purchased there. But the sink we wound up with is horrible and I want to find a replacement. Even though the sink itself measures 35" in length, you actually can barely fit a dinner plate in one of the basins the way it is arranged (80/20 w/ long drain board ), it's our fault for not examining it better . We just don't like it and now are stuck with this cutout in the brand new countertop.

Unfortunately, the dimensions are not standard. The hole measures 34 7/8" x 19". Is there anything that can fit this? Please help if you can and thank you!

Are the sinks measured from the lip, or the inner dimension to fit in the hole? The only thing I care about is that the sink fit's in the hole at this point.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 03:16 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Sinks are sized by their overall dimensions.
Just search for sinks that are 36"X?

Most will run in the 18"-20" depth. By your dimensions I'd say you're looking for a 36"X20" sink.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:44 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
What about the single bowl version of the sink you have now?

BOHOLMEN 1 bowl inset sink with drainer - IKEA

Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
That's going to be a tight one but not impossible. You may have to change your finish choice and it will be more expensive.

Do you need a top mount? The 36" sinks I am finding are 22" deep. Are you able to cut 2 more inches out front to back?

How many holes do you need and has any been cut out of your counter?

Here are some options. Be careful…a lot of the ones that say 36 are only 33. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#t...+sinks&spell=1

Old 12-02-2014, 03:58 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What about the single bowl version of the sink you have now?

BOHOLMEN 1 bowl inset sink with drainer - IKEA

That looks like a good option. Outside of Ikea the sinks are very expensive.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:22 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollerprod View Post
Hi CD, I recently bought kitchen cabinets and countertops from/through IKEA. When the countertops were installed, they cut the hole to fit the sink we also purchased there. But the sink we wound up with is horrible and I want to find a replacement. Even though the sink itself measures 35" in length, you actually can barely fit a dinner plate in one of the basins the way it is arranged (80/20 w/ long drain board ), it's our fault for not examining it better . We just don't like it and now are stuck with this cutout in the brand new countertop.

Unfortunately, the dimensions are not standard. The hole measures 34 7/8" x 19". Is there anything that can fit this? Please help if you can and thank you!

Are the sinks measured from the lip, or the inner dimension to fit in the hole? The only thing I care about is that the sink fit's in the hole at this point.

Thank You!
That side isn't meant for dishwashing. Do you have a dishwasher? If not, were you planning to wash dishes in one side and rinse in the other? Not possible in this sink.

What you might need is a dish basin. i have one big basin and I love it. Hate washing dishes, so I use dishwasher. The big basin is perfect for oversized pans. I do have a dish pan, plastic tub, that I use in case I ever get the urge to hand wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House