Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 05:10 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldmco View Post
Hey everyone ... we'll be closing on our house soon so I need to fix some damages caused by my crazy yorkie. I'm no expert so if it's fixable I need advice on what to buy, how to patch it up, tips/tricks, etc.

Pics below appreciate it!

Don't fix a property that doesn't belong to you.

I'm not an attorney, but I can see all kinds of potential liability in doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Don't fix a property that doesn't belong to you.

I'm not an attorney, but I can see all kinds of potential liability in doing so.
There's a low risk of any potential high monetary liability here.
It's not a major project that can cause any personal injury while attempting to fix the damage, unless one is a major klutz with hand tools.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Talk with the land lord first. Show the LL the damage caused by your dog. If the pet deposit will cover it, walk. Forget about it and enjoy your home.

The wall can be patched very easy. It is not that big of hole. Take your pictures to Home Depot and ask for help if you plan on fixing this. Realize if you fix the hole in the wall, you will also need to retexture and repaint the area. Will you be able to match the paint on your own?

Most doors can be ordered as a kit including the door jamb. You take out the old door and replace with a new one. Once it is in you install the new trim. Look to pay about $300 if you hire someone to replace the door. Prices may very depending on where you live.

If I were to do the entire job, the wall and replace the door, and if I can use products from Home Depot I would charge about $400 for the entire job, replace the door and fix the wall.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:44 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
This is a great suggestion! Your dog will tear up your new house too.
Not always. A dog in a house with a yard may behave differently than a dog in an apartment without a yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House