Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 06:44 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times

Advertisements

This doesn't happen all the time but my Frigidaire Dryer model #feq332es0 occasional will not heat enough to dry clothes when running sensor mode (automatic dry) but will always dry when in timed mode. What usually is the culprit? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 08:07 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,280,752 times
Call the manufacturer and tell them they have a defective product. Is it still under warranty?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:12 PM

No, it's around 8 years old

Old 01-14-2015, 10:20 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
It needs a Moisture sensor. If it didn't dry in both manners then it would of needed a thermostat in addition.

Replacement Moisture sensor control board #134216300 for FRIGIDAIRE Laundry Appliances #FEQ332ES0 | SearsPartsDirect

Dryer thermostat | 134048800 | SearsPartsDirect

Old 01-15-2015, 07:28 AM

Thanks. That may be it. Any idea how complicated the install will be.

I have to open up the dryer to install a new bearing drum but from Youtube videos looks pretty simple

One other thing, it is an intermittent issue and doesn't happen all the time. I would say when using the automatic dry cycle the dryer will fail to heat enough probably 1/3 of the time. So most of the time it works.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 AM

266 posts, read 449,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
This doesn't happen all the time but my Frigidaire Dryer model #feq332es0 occasional will not heat enough to dry clothes when running sensor mode (automatic dry) but will always dry when in timed mode. What usually is the culprit? Thanks
I experienced the same thing with a GE model. I tested the sensor to discover the control was faulty. I tend to think as your problem is intermittent the problem resides with the moisture sensor. You can try operating the dryer under anoother automatic dry mode for cottons or delicates using the auto (more/less) dry mode to see of the problem exists in another operation.

I repair my own appliances. I order parts from Appliance Parts & Consumer Electronic Parts | PartSelect Make sure the dryer is unplugged. The replacement items is often an exact terminal hook-up so its difficult to mess anything up. If you have some basic hand tools I encourage you to give repairing it yourself if your up to the challenge. Really, its not that difficult. Take a picture of where wires are before you remove the control before you install the new one.

The worst than can happen is that you stop with machine open for a repairman to install your procured control... you'll save money regardless. Tell the repair man you'll reassemble the machine. If there is a minimum hourly charge for the repairman have him/her reassemble the machine.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
One other thing, it is an intermittent issue and doesn't happen all the time. I would say when using the automatic dry cycle the dryer will fail to heat enough probably 1/3 of the time. So most of the time it works.
Personally we have the same issue and our unit is 14 years old. I decided not to do it. If I were going to open up my machine and replace the parts, then while its open I'd replace the heating coil also. But since I'm getting 100% dry in one mode, so I left it alone. If you do follow this direction, keep in mind that as the unit gets older the part prices go up.

As to difficulty, look up youtubes and take-a-parts from the link. As to actually doing it add the costs of all the parts plus a few hours of your time and compare it to the cost of replacing it.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:57 AM

Thanks. We bought this washer/dryer combo unit around 8 years ago and this is the first issue we have had. Washer has worked flawlessly.

Unit is basic without too many electronics (digital readouts, 100 million wash/dry combinations, etc) but it works. I'm wary of new appliances with all these electronic gizmos.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:55 AM

I went ahead and replaced the rear drum assembly and new drum belt to fix squeak. Pretty easy with online videos and only cost $23 for parts shipped ($15 for rear drum assembly and $8 for belt). Belt was optional but figured since I had the whole thing out might as well replace it also.

Wiped and cleaned the moisture sensor inside dryer. Let's see if this helps resolve the drying issue. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House