Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 07:19 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,473,482 times

Advertisements

This could be the worst example of DIY ever.

Watch as this husband gives us a tour of he and his wife's hilarious attempts at rewiring their bathroom.

It all culminates with the brilliant revelation that a hairdryer now acts as the main light switch.
In the video, an unnamed man gives the viewer a tour of the botched bathroom, much to the amusement of his wife who holds the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzHQQM1ubrw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 11:55 AM

14,209 posts, read 14,620,413 times
They will make for a delicious Hasenpfeffer.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:41 PM

7,486 posts, read 13,520,841 times
Some years ago I had just moved into a new home in a new subdivision. One day I was working in my yard, and I noticed a neighbor was installing a yard light on a pole in his yard. He was almost done, and was about to drill some holes in the pole to mount a street number sign, using an outlet on the side of the pole.

I could see that as he pulled the trigger on the drill, it was not turning, and the neighbor was scratching his head. Well, from my distance and angle I could see that each time he pulled the trigger, a light came on in his basement !

Having done a bit of wiring, I had an idea what he had done. So I went over and said "Bill, look in the window and pull the trigger". He said, "How's that happening ?" So we went down the basement to see how he had wired in the yard lamp, and we found what I thought. He had picked the nearest outlet box to wire in the lamp, which of course had a only 1 black and 1 white wire in it. Yes, he had wired into an "end of run " light switch, so each time he pulled the drill trigger, it closed the circuit, and the lamp lit up.

Apparently the hair dryer in the video is doing the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House