Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:03 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,538 times

Advertisements

• Very sensitive to dust/fur/everything with allergies
  • Looking for both wood/carpet
Is it worth the money? Money isn't an issue. Since I am sensitive, I am willing to pay anything for the best cleaning. However, I see many many positive reviews on the Hoover UH70210 and it is 1/3 of the price. If DC65 is just on par with Hoover T, then I'd buy the Hoover UH70210 just to save some money. One of my concerns of the Dyson DC65 is that it's so big it's going to miss corners and tight areas.

I was thinking get the best of both worlds - get Dyson DC59 cordless for tough to reach spots + Hoover UH70210. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
I like my Simplicity Synchrony:

Saving Good People from Bad Vacuums Tandem Air / Synergy & Synchrony - Uprights

My Synchony uses HEPA bags to hold the stuff I vacuum up, and there is no leakage into the air.

Saving Good People from Bad Vacuums Synchrony S30 HEPA Media Bags

These vacuums are not cheap, but you are thinking of buying two vacuums! One of them--the Dyson--is made of plastic. The Simplicity is made in the USA using metal parts. I have had mine since 2007. It has been a workhorse with one repair. It now works as good as new, and I expect to get use it until I die.

You buy them at independent vacuum cleaner dealers. Or apparently you can order from Amazon.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:31 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
  • Very sensitive to dust/fur/everything with allergies
  • Looking for both wood/carpet
Is it worth the money? Money isn't an issue. Since I am sensitive, I am willing to pay anything for the best cleaning. However, I see many many positive reviews on the Hoover UH70210 and it is 1/3 of the price. If DC65 is just on par with Hoover T, then I'd buy the Hoover UH70210 just to save some money. One of my concerns of the Dyson DC65 is that it's so big it's going to miss corners and tight areas.

I was thinking get the best of both worlds - get Dyson DC59 cordless for tough to reach spots + Hoover UH70210. Thoughts?
I don't like cordless, but the corded Dyson. Don't have the "Animal" model, just a yellow-color Dyson. It has been the best so far, over ten years and counting. We have a black color Lab/Rott mix that has short hair and lots of the fine fur underneath.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:21 AM

24,513 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Neither the initial yellow nor the animal one lasted very long and we have only two cats. Got rid of carpet, drapes, fabric upholstered furniture and have a cheap Shark Navigator and a good mop with plenty of heads.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:38 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,083,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I don't like cordless, but the corded Dyson. Don't have the "Animal" model, just a yellow-color Dyson. It has been the best so far, over ten years and counting. We have a black color Lab/Rott mix that has short hair and lots of the fine fur underneath.
I have the Dyson yellow ball (DC 25) too. I also have a DC 65 (animal complete).

I think I like the DC 25 as much as the DC 65. What I don't like about the DC 65 is that it has a self leveling head. The self leveling head lowers itself too much on my hardwood floors. The DC 25 does a much better job in sucking up the tumbleweeds of the pet hair. With the DC 65, I have to be practically right on the tumbleweeds on my hardwood floors.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM

211 posts, read 409,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I like my Simplicity Synchrony:

Saving Good People from Bad Vacuums Tandem Air / Synergy & Synchrony - Uprights

My Synchony uses HEPA bags to hold the stuff I vacuum up, and there is no leakage into the air.

Saving Good People from Bad Vacuums Synchrony S30 HEPA Media Bags

These vacuums are not cheap, but you are thinking of buying two vacuums! One of them--the Dyson--is made of plastic. The Simplicity is made in the USA using metal parts. I have had mine since 2007. It has been a workhorse with one repair. It now works as good as new, and I expect to get use it until I die.

You buy them at independent vacuum cleaner dealers. Or apparently you can order from Amazon.
I have the same vacuum, bought it back in 09/10 timeframe when the old Panasonic I had died.

At the time there were 3 cats, and a Golden an Mastiff here, so lots of hair, and with a bunch of guys living here, a lot of dirt etc.

Does a good job and still works great. Only issue is the bags are fairly small and I have to replace them about once a month give or take. If you are older or not the strongest you may find it a bit heavy, not an issue for me, but my girlfriend has commented on the weight several times......

Old 05-23-2015, 06:10 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,789,000 times
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
My vacuum guy LOVES Dysons.... he says the repairs on them keep the lights on.... so I wouldn't buy one. If you are very allergic to dust -- I would stick with a bagged vac. I love my Sebo Felix, and one of the good things is that the bag closes when you lift off the lid to change -- no dust leakage.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:55 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,026,719 times
I own a Dyson Animal and an Electrolux. I like both of them but I think the Electrolux does a better job.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:26 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My vacuum guy LOVES Dysons.... he says the repairs on them keep the lights on.... so I wouldn't buy one. If you are very allergic to dust -- I would stick with a bagged vac. I love my Sebo Felix, and one of the good things is that the bag closes when you lift off the lid to change -- no dust leakage.
Mine is about ten years old, and haven't had a single repair so far. However, if it were to break, I can fix it myself. Maybe your "vacuum guy" is not that good at repairing vacuum cleaners? Besides that, Dyson does not use bags, but it has a HEPA filter that you can wash and reuse over, and over, and over (saves you bunches of pesos on bags). There is another vacuum cleaner that people like, and that's the Shark, but like the Dyson it does not use bags. Bags are good for ShoVac vacuum cleaners and similar, and for Asbestos and Lead vacuum cleaners, carpentry shops, etc. (industrial vacuum cleaners). But for home you don't needed any more as long as the vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter, which by the way, traps pollen, dander, dust and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House