Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 03:04 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,071,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Your "opinion" is based on a "ruined LV bag"- that's not a "design flaw". What you're failing to consider is the environment that is not only in the closet, but probably the rest of the house- hence; lifestyle. And if I have to spell that out, well...
Agreed, it’s not a design flaw and the closets are usually “not in” the bedroom, rather you need to go through the bathroom to access both closets. It is a modern day design usually with doors or a door into the closets and with diffusers for air.

The bathroom should also be properly designed with air and an adequate exhaust fan even if there is a window. It’s a very common and practical design with the newer designed houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 08:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,454,164 times
I had that set-up for twenty-three years without a problem. We had AC and in the winter if it was cool we would have the windows open. After my shower, I would keep the bathroom door open. This was in humid SW Florida.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 PM

41,737 posts, read 74,713,397 times
So ... Let me get this straight.

You have a master bathroom, but you don't use it?

But you keep your clothes in the master bedroom closets, which are located off the master bathroom. Which you don't use.

And you're worried about "fumes" from the bathroom you don't use? Does this bathroom not have ventilation?

Nevermind. None of this makes any sense at all.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:26 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,820,125 times
I would assume any extra steam that enters the closet area might just help de-wrinkle any clothes that are hanging in there. And then you air it out. Leave the fan on or the window open.

I don't understand the phobia about the clothes being ruined. I don't understand not using the master bathroom.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:13 PM

17,417 posts, read 65,593,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
So ... Let me get this straight.

You have a master bathroom, but you don't use it?

But you keep your clothes in the master bedroom closets, which are located off the master bathroom. Which you don't use.

And you're worried about "fumes" from the bathroom you don't use? Does this bathroom not have ventilation?

Nevermind. None of this makes any sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I would assume any extra steam that enters the closet area might just help de-wrinkle any clothes that are hanging in there. And then you air it out. Leave the fan on or the window open.

I don't understand the phobia about the clothes being ruined. I don't understand not using the master bathroom.

The OP- post#1 is long gone. This thread was resurrected by LMM with a slight twist.
The OP had a weird living habit (based on other threads)... leave it at that!

Old 09-21-2019, 11:48 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,820,125 times
Fair enough! I don’t need to know.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:27 PM

32,502 posts, read 47,489,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmv90 View Post
......... Do you have to "use" a toilet regularly to keep it working properly? Can it just sit there?

You have to go in the flush it every now and again so that the trap doesn't get dry and allow sewer gas back into your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House