Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 11:37 PM

19,745 posts, read 22,654,259 times

Advertisements

I have to repaint the house. From an off grey to a sage green and brownish trim.

I need help. Anyone wanna come to Montana in the summer and help me paint a house? I'll buy the beer, lol.

My plan is to get up at 5:00a.m. all summer, paint from 5:30-6:00 a.m. until about noon before the heat sets in, wash, rinse, repeat until done.

See you all in mid August, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,417,068 times
Take comfort in the knowledge that you're not alone.... and that I'm doing it in Georgia (our lows are higher than your highs if you're anywhere in the mountains ~ my folks are in White Sulphur Springs so that's where I check ~ AND we have this thing called Humidity, maybe you've heard of it?)

On top of that, my house is a 1930-built that I'm trying very hard to restore/retain originality. So paint removal is 1/2 the work, followed by repair/restoration and finally... way down the line, paint. The one little section I have done though, looks great. I do have to confess, I may have it a Little easier since the house is brick and I'm simply doing all the doors (5 exterior), windows (25), 2 enclosed patio ceilings (~400sq/ft) and a 2' tall trim all around the 2300sq/ft single level property.

On the plus side, I brew my own beer and have 3 taps in the kitchen... so at least I've got that going for me.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:49 PM

19,745 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Take comfort in the knowledge that you're not alone.... and that I'm doing it in Georgia (our lows are higher than your highs if you're anywhere in the mountains ~ my folks are in White Sulphur Springs so that's where I check ~ AND we have this thing called Humidity, maybe you've heard of it?)

On top of that, my house is a 1930-built that I'm trying very hard to restore/retain originality. So paint removal is 1/2 the work, followed by repair/restoration and finally... way down the line, paint. The one little section I have done though, looks great. I do have to confess, I may have it a Little easier since the house is brick and I'm simply doing all the doors (5 exterior), windows (25), 2 enclosed patio ceilings (~400sq/ft) and a 2' tall trim all around the 2300sq/ft single level property.

On the plus side, I brew my own beer and have 3 taps in the kitchen... so at least I've got that going for me.
Oh you poor b*stard. I left the east coast humidity 5 years ago- ain't never looking back. I'm in Helena, so it's dry desert-like. It's 55deg in the a.m., 90deg by 2:00p.m.
I have to repaint ALL the fiber board siding a new color, but my job is easier- pressure wash the grit and dust, scuff, repaint with new color. But it's the entire house including trim and doors.. No sprayer either..

I don't brew my own, but we have three local breweries, so I'll grab my growlers after the day is done and fill them up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House