Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 11:28 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,960,234 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any experience with using one or more of these for fresh air, and to help control slightly higher humidity levels in their house, including the basement?

Panasonic FV-04VE1 WhisperComfortTM Spot ERV Ceiling Insert Ventilator with Balanced Ventilation and Patent-Pending Capillary Core - Bathroom Fans - Amazon.com

We are about to buy a bi-level house that has a little higher humidity in the basement area. This house has a hot water boiler with convectors, NOT a forced-air furnace system. So, no ducts. I figure I could install one of these for the basement/lower level, AND one for the main floor area

This house we are buying doesn't seem to have any water coming in through the basement block walls or anything. It does have just plain cement floors right now. We plan on rehabbing the whole interior, and covering the cement floor with something, perhaps vinyl plank or ?. Could be we don't need to go to the extreme of installing one of the above, but I'd rather use one of them instead of running a dehumidifier all the time. We will live in the house for a while before we decide on any more permanent changes to it, but it needs interior help badly and the price reflects that.

I am allergic to mold, I have COPD, (chronic bronchitis, cold and damp especially brings it on) and asthma (that isn't too bad, unless I walk through wood smoke). Wood smoke practically drops me in my tracks. Constant fresh air is especially important to me with those issues, but I'd also like to better control the humidity.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House