Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 05:01 PM

516 posts, read 1,005,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Consumer Reports says, for your needs, Hoover Platinum LiNX BH50010 vacuum cleaner
Hoover Linx is good but its upgraded replacement, the Hoover Air 3.0 is AMAZING. I borrowed a friend's Linx for a week because I didn't believe a cordless would be as good as he said, and found that it was easy to use and pretty powerful. The Air 3.0 was touted to be even stronger suction, with 2 batteries so you never run out of juice and has a LED light. I paid $299 for it, but have since seen it go for as low as $200. The LED light is very very useful if you have pets or little kids who drop wet cereal all over. After using the Air for almost a year, I don't see the need for a Roomba at all. It's so fast for me to pick up after the tot every day, I pretty much vacuum after every meal. That's how awesome this thing is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 05:03 PM

516 posts, read 1,005,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I don't mind wrapping up the cord it's just annoying to have a cord in general. I was hoping a cordless would be the answer. I'm not sure they have powerful enough suction though after reading some of the replies.
Oh I should add that my cleaning lady has stopped bringing her vacuum to my place and now uses my Hoover Air when she comes, that's how comparable it is to a full powered heavy duty vacuum.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:07 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
You might as well just get a Roomba type vacuum.

Metapo Infinuvo QQ-2 Basic Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Red - Walmart.com

Old 04-25-2016, 11:10 AM

1,651 posts, read 2,781,410 times
We have one of the Dyson ones - it's 4 years old and still works like new. As another poster noted, it's only ok on high pile carpet, but we now have all hardwoods and a couple rugs, so it's great on that. I love that it's more convenient than grabbing a broom, and it's way more convenient than a corded vacuum. It goes a good 25-30 minutes on a battery (depending on if you use the high power mode or not), but I still bought an extra battery so I can switch them out if I run one dead. Typically I can do the whole house (950 sq ft) on a single charge though.

I used to only get out the vacuum when doing the whole house, but now I grab it whenever I see a spot that needs my attention. The quickness and convenience has changed the way I use a vacuum. Plus it's really handy to take off the 'stick' part, pop on an attachment and zip around all your upholstery, baseboards, window treatments, etc. Not having a cord and big vacuum to wrestle with and dance around, makes going from room to room super fast and easy.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:45 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,717,749 times
My advice is be sure to get one where you can control the beater bar being on/off. Off for hardwood, tile, vinyl. On for carpets/rugs.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
We have one of the Dyson ones - it's 4 years old and still works like new. As another poster noted, it's only ok on high pile carpet, but we now have all hardwoods and a couple rugs, so it's great on that. I love that it's more convenient than grabbing a broom, and it's way more convenient than a corded vacuum. It goes a good 25-30 minutes on a battery (depending on if you use the high power mode or not), but I still bought an extra battery so I can switch them out if I run one dead. Typically I can do the whole house (950 sq ft) on a single charge though.

I used to only get out the vacuum when doing the whole house, but now I grab it whenever I see a spot that needs my attention. The quickness and convenience has changed the way I use a vacuum. Plus it's really handy to take off the 'stick' part, pop on an attachment and zip around all your upholstery, baseboards, window treatments, etc. Not having a cord and big vacuum to wrestle with and dance around, makes going from room to room super fast and easy.
Pretty much exactly how we use our Dyson DC35s also. Great for hardwoods and tight/low pile rugs. Supposedly the newest ones have more power and a better beater so they can work on more types of carpet, but since we have mostly hardwood and tile, no problems for us. Especially good if you have pets as its so easy to just grab it and go in two minutes, since we have one on each floor.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:59 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,751,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Pretty much exactly how we use our Dyson DC35s also. Great for hardwoods and tight/low pile rugs. Supposedly the newest ones have more power and a better beater so they can work on more types of carpet, but since we have mostly hardwood and tile, no problems for us. Especially good if you have pets as its so easy to just grab it and go in two minutes, since we have one on each floor.
I use mine daily since we have pets. I can grab it off the wall charger instead of pulling a vacuum out of the closet and plugging in room to room. Definitely one of my better purchases.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:23 PM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,958 times
Funny I should run across this thread: we recently ordered the Hoover Linx and have been using it about a week.
We have two parakeets who seem to moult simultaneously (we were practically ankle-deep in little yellow feathers) and the Hoover Linx does a bang-up job of picking everything up, including the seed hulls the birds like to fling around. I also run it across the living room rug as needed: great suction!

Old 04-26-2016, 05:33 PM

76 posts, read 94,354 times
We purchased a Hoover Linx two years ago to do quick clean ups all over the house. Now we use it daily and are totally addicted to the ease of use and cleanliness it provides. We first saw it at a friend's home who glowed over how ideally it performed. The battery life is also exceptional. We use it until it is completely discharged and it recharges well, ready to go next time. Since our purchase, two additional friends have bought them and none have yet to be a problem in any way.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:07 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Just as an FYI, Woot.com has a decent deal on some refurb Dyson handhelds today (4-27).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House