Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
A few months before I bought the house. This is actually the second murder house I've owned. They tend to be a bit cheaper than comparable houses.

Unfortunately, if I were to tell the story, the unusual circumstances of the murder make it extraordinarily easy to Google the story, and thus find out my address. So, I'm naturally reluctant to share that much personal information on a public forum, and in fact won't even share the year in which I bought the house. Sorry to be a story tease
Roamin - you are the worst kind of tease. I am now going nuts trying to figure out the history of your house . . . as I moved to NC after a stint in KCMO metro!!! Like you, I would not hesitate to buy a murder house. Looked at one myself once.

But there was this weird cold spot in the middle of a room . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,298 times
Ok you guys are freaking me out..... I lived in Boulder during the Jon Benet thing. I'm not sure anyone is living in there even to this day.

Yes, I get freaked out by bumps, creaks, and the like. It's just a noisy noisy house.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,836 times
Quote:
A few months before I bought the house. This is actually the second murder house I've owned. They tend to be a bit cheaper than comparable houses.
Quote:

COOL! Anything funky ever happen?

Unfortunately, if I were to tell the story, the unusual circumstances of the murder make it extraordinarily easy to Google the story, and thus find out my address. So, I'm naturally reluctant to share that much personal information on a public forum, and in fact won't even share the year in which I bought the house. Sorry to be a story tease
Very much understood. I don't *think* I have ever lived anywhere something like this happened.

J

Old 02-05-2008, 05:06 PM

141 posts, read 686,172 times
as stated, houses, even new ones will make noise from time to time.
You should try to be more in charge of your life and not let noises in your house scare you. You may try saying a prayer in each room to bless your entire house. Like a previous poster said, if somethings not floating by or pulling your hair, let it go.
do not play around with anything that might open your home up to anything bad.
Just because someone or somethings knocking at your door, doesn't mean you have to answer. There is a lot of programming on tv right now that exploits hauntings, etc that I imagine are making a lot of people paranoid in their own homes.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM

522 posts, read 1,584,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowlett mom View Post
You may try saying a prayer in each room to bless your entire house. Like a previous poster said, if somethings not floating by or pulling your hair, let it go.
do not play around with anything that might open your home up to anything bad.
Just because someone or somethings knocking at your door, doesn't mean you have to answer. .

Wow...your response creeped me out. I know you meant well, I guess I just get creeped easy.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM

141 posts, read 686,172 times
sorry, didn't mean to creep you out, I think I read too much Stephen King in my youth!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:41 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,080 times
Haunted Toilet:

You know those funny noises can really get to you. Mom had been living alone for about a year when she started asking me to check the toilet upstairs. I kept checking on the thing and didn't see anything wrong.

After a couple of months went by she finally let the cat out of the bag. It seems that the toilet kept flushing by itself! She thought she was being haunted until she saw a home improvement show that talked about toilets flushing by themselves due to a slow leak or something. Poor Mom didn't want to say anything and went on thinking she was being "visited" for a few months.

To the OP: If you are being haunted, I would think that would be pretty cool (if he/she is a nice ghostthat is).

Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,412 times
It's definitely haunted. Name:  ghost.gif
Views: 626
Size:  20.2 KB

Old 02-07-2008, 11:57 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Are you still here? thought I told you to run. It is going to get youuuuuuu.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:26 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Are you still here? thought I told you to run. It is going to get youuuuuuu.
Well, I have been in a lot of houses that did have noises that were creepy. My poor son was frightened half out of his mind several years ago - he swore there was something scampering across his ceiling in the dark. Turns out a racoon had moved into the attic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House