Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

We got the softest mattress we could find. Everyone thinks they need a firm mattress, but I disagree. We got a mid range price mattress with as big and soft a pillow top as we could find and it's great.
A lot of hotels now feature certain sleep systems (Hilton? Marriott?) You could check them out.
Next time, though, we will look into the memory foam, since it seems to be the newest technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
We have Intelli-Gel mattresses. It is THE MOST COMFORTABLE MATTRESS I've ever owned. We splurged and got the adjustable beds (like Craftmatic) - it's 2 XL twins side by side to make a king. I used to wake up with constant aches and pains too (this, before reaching 40 yrs old, despite sleeping on a Tempur-Pedic for about 8 yrs). I figured the aches & pains were due mostly to the fact that I've put on a few pounds over the years, but I wake up feeling wonderful on our Intelli-Gel. We have it almost 2 yrs. now, and I don't have a single complaint.

Only problem is, they don't have many locations. We ordered ours when living in Vegas (but we were moving to Florida), and they shipped it to us from their plant in Utah.

Find the Right Mattress at intelliBED | Tempur-Pedic® | Gel-Top Mattress | Compare to air and coil-springs in Utah, Denver, Boise, Las Vegas stores!

Last edited by mikenbacismama; 04-21-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 12-27-2008, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,801 times
Default Foam mattresses are highly toxic!!!

Just becasue you can buy a mattress on every corner and it is advertised heavily doesn't mean it is the best mattress.

I come from the mattress industry and I chose SavvyRest, #1, four times 5 star rated, organic latex mattress, above everyone elses brand.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 12-27-2008 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: Mod Cut Advertising

Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I have heard that the best is the Westin Heavenly bed. http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/p...&itemID=HB-124

Unfortunately, I didn't hear that until we'd already bought a mattress. We have a Simmons Beautyrest with viscoelastic. It's comfortable; the only complaint I have is that there are indentations where we sleep. Not super noticeable, but definitely there. But if I were going to buy another mattress and could afford it, I'd probably get the Westin Heavenly.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I also found memory foam hot . Some seem to like them tho. After getting use to a frim matress ;I can't sleep on any soft matresss.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:49 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Does anyone have the Westin Heavenly bed? I have a 16 year old S&F and need a new mattress. I slept on one of those Heavely matresses for three nights a few years ago and it was like sleeping on a cloud! Was wondering how they held up long term and who makes them?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:13 AM

64 posts, read 192,196 times
Default Hampton Inn/Serta Mattress...anyone have one?

We are contemplating a new mattress also, and just wondered if anyone has bought their mattress directly thru the hotel? Even though we have slept very comfortably on these mattresses for a few days at a time, I'm reluctant to plunk down $1500, and wait 6 weeks, only to find out my memory of a good sleep wasn't that great.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We tried a lot of different types and finally bought a latex foam rubber mattress. It was expensive (over $2000 directly from a mattress factory), but it is very comfortable and it stays that way. It is hard to move though. Takes at least six people to move it.

I have a memory foam pillow and absolutely love it. Personally I did not like the memory mattresses that we tried recently. It was hot, and I move around too much and too quickly for it to respond fast enough. Maybe we just tried the wrong brand.

If you look at sleep number beds or memory foam beds talk to people who have had them for a long long time, not just people who bought them recently. Also with memory foam there is a world of difference between the cheap ones and the good ones. The good ones are pricey.

I thik that some places will let you try their mattress for a month and return it if unsatisfied. however as with all such offers read the fine priint carefully.
My wife and I sleep on latex foam as well. I've never slept more comfortably. I generally wake up in the same position that I fell asleep in. I used to migrate during the night and wake up in strange and exotic positions. Latex is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House