Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 03:12 AM

3 posts, read 4,633 times

Advertisements

I prepare to buy a pillows, because recently when i get up to go to work i feel my neck was a little tired. I think i work to hard in those 1 mouth...but i also want to buy a now pillow to change the situation. Pls give me some suggest which kind should i buy? thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 03:41 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Liu View Post
I prepare to buy a pillows, because recently when i get up to go to work i feel my neck was a little tired. I think i work to hard in those 1 mouth...but i also want to buy a now pillow to change the situation. Pls give me some suggest which kind should i buy? thank you!
I have great luck with foam rubber pillows

Old 04-02-2016, 06:16 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Go to a reputable mattress store. The salesman will ask you questions about how you sleep and what problems you have. Then buy what they recommend.

My husband had whiplash and he needed the right pillow. He loves the one they suggested.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:06 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,021,473 times
Okay don't laugh, but I love my MyPillow, it stays pretty cool and it takes only a couple of seconds to manipulate it to be firmer or softer. Just be sure to purchase the right size for you, and get it from the website or an authorized dealer, because there are a lot of fakes out there.

I used to have headaches a couple of mornings a week, and with the MyPillow I only have one maybe once or twice a year.

MyPillow®: Official My Pillow Site)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCBr8bkxjI

Old 04-02-2016, 07:12 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Okay don't laugh, but I love my MyPillow, it stays pretty cool and it takes only a couple of seconds to manipulate it to be firmer or softer. Just be sure to purchase the right size for you, and get it from the website or an authorized dealer, because there are a lot of fakes out there.

I used to have headaches a couple of mornings a week, and with the MyPillow I only have one maybe once or twice a year.

Okay, laugh at me too, because I really like MyPillow as well.

Absolutely DO NOT BUY online without a discount code. "Imus" will get you 50% off when you buy one.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:25 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post

I like this because it is the first time I've seen a recommendation where they didn't just point to a pillow and say "if you sleep on your side, get this one". He concentrated on side sleepers, which I happen to be, and explained it is all about the width of your SHOULDERS, which makes sense if you sleep on your side. The width of your shoulders determines how thick the pillow has to be to keep your neck straight and supported - it makes sense!

I've always heard that stomach sleepers need a super soft thick pillow and this guy says the opposite, which also makes sense! Not sure about back sleepers - I would guess flatter, similar to stomach. I may not get THESE pillows but I'll use his reasoning next time - thanks!

Old 04-02-2016, 12:37 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,603,472 times
Target sells great pillows for $7. Very comfortable. And since you aren't supposed to keep the same pillow for a long time, no point in spending a lot for one unless you have specific issues requiring something special.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:48 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
My Pillow is a rip off. Many consumer complaints. All it is is a bunch of foam pieces cut into small bits sewn into so-so materials. They cost about $3.00 to make.
The claim it's the #1 pillow by the National Pillow Inst is a joke since the president and founder of the National Pillow Inst is the owner of My Pillow Co.
You can buy similar or better pillows for under $20.00 at Sears, Penny's, Bed Bath, Target, etc etc.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:23 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Recently, in need of a pillow, I ordered one from BambooPillows, which was recommended. Big mistake! It was a rip-off. Then I tried a down pillow from Pacific Coast and really like it. It was about $35. Bed Pillows - Pacific Coast Bedding

Old 04-02-2016, 01:58 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,343,707 times
Have a My Pillow, not bad but is way too bulky hard for me to get it thin enough for my comfort level. Find I'm always grabbing Hubby's contour memory foam pillow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House