Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 07:16 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,785,121 times

Advertisements

Dealing with bedbugs for second time with a different pest control company that offered a "1 year warranty". They have come out repetedly, but still finding a few bedbugs--what is the best way to deal with company, best way to document bedbugs, and how should we proceed now that the year warranty period is coming to a close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 01:29 AM

3 posts, read 2,118 times
Bedbugs and other household pests are a serious threat and may also cause harm to our health. We should take an immediate step and the best action is to consult a pest company. You have done right by calling them and if the warranty period is coming to an end you may try some other pest company and its services.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 05-12-2016 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: Remove new member link

Old 05-11-2016, 05:50 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,099,574 times
Is it possible they are getting re-introduced? The pest control company might kill them all off, but if new ones come in from outside, you are starting over again. In that case you need to treat regularly, whether you see them or not. Some areas have a real problem.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:48 AM

621 posts, read 1,123,565 times
A 1 year warranty sounds unrealistic the once the EPA handcuffed the pest industry by banning the effective chemicals. The EPA created the problem and the pest company created the unrealistic expectations that they can't fulfill.

Did the EPA create the bedbug revival? « Hot Air

Old 05-17-2016, 08:32 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
Last week I started getting red bits all over my arms. At first I thought it was allergy reaction to something I ate but I couldn't not think of anything new I ate. So I lived with it for a week & watching what I eat. But the itchy bump kept increasing, now in my back. This made me wonder about bed bugs and I was going to do a deep cleaning this weekend. But last night around midnight, I saw a bed bug (eww) & I killed it. That freaked me out & started inspecting my mattress & put everything in baskets for laundry. This morning I did a 2nd inspection and surely enough the bottom side of my mattress, in one corner had 3 little brown thing (looked like baby bedbugs). WE squished em and threw them in trash.

I am so grossed out and I am not sure what to do. do I need an exterminator? Can I vacuum & spray and take care of this myself. My husband did not get any bit? Why is it attacking me. I keep my bedroom clean & always decluttering, why am I getting bedbugs. Any suggestion would be helpful

Old 05-17-2016, 09:37 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Last week I started getting red bits all over my arms. At first I thought it was allergy reaction to something I ate but I couldn't not think of anything new I ate. So I lived with it for a week & watching what I eat. But the itchy bump kept increasing, now in my back. This made me wonder about bed bugs and I was going to do a deep cleaning this weekend. But last night around midnight, I saw a bed bug (eww) & I killed it. That freaked me out & started inspecting my mattress & put everything in baskets for laundry. This morning I did a 2nd inspection and surely enough the bottom side of my mattress, in one corner had 3 little brown thing (looked like baby bedbugs). WE squished em and threw them in trash.

I am so grossed out and I am not sure what to do. do I need an exterminator? Can I vacuum & spray and take care of this myself. My husband did not get any bit? Why is it attacking me. I keep my bedroom clean & always decluttering, why am I getting bedbugs. Any suggestion would be helpful
Not everyone has the reaction to their bites. Even clean people get them. Washing everything doesnt do any good if you dont take care of the furniture and belongings they also hide in. (books, cds, pictures, curtains, blinds, frames, clothes, purses, drawers, etc). Yes you need a company because while you may decrease them on your own, its not the same as one and done killing them with pest control chemicals. Squishing them does nothing for the eggs and places you arent seeing them.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:00 PM

99 posts, read 93,043 times
If they're in your mattress I'd throw it out. Launder everything in very hot water and vaccuum like crazy. And pray :-/

Old 08-06-2016, 09:29 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
i wish i threw up my mattress or put it in encasement or followed thru with bedbug clean up. I forgot about it and let life go on its one. And surely enough now there are much more bedbug than i saw initially in May. i hate these and I hate myself for forgetting about them. Stupid me for while thought i was itching from dry skin due to a/c. Even after I found bedbug 3 months ago.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:54 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
OP Are you following these procedures. Bedbugs: Infestations, Bedbug Bites, and Getting Rid of Bedbugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House